Sirius or XM online?

SAEMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Hey,

I live in Alaska so I cannot get the SIRIUS or XM radios and subscribe to service. (although I have heard from many people they get reception just fine on their radios that they have brought up here from different places)

My question is, is there a way to subscribe to either of these so I can listen primarily on the internet? I'm mostly interested in the different talk and sports stations.

Thanks for the help.

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
Houston
Satellite Radio Online

Unfortunately, Sirius talk, sports and entertainment streams are not available online, with or without a subscription. I believe the reason is copy right laws. I am not sure about XM, but believe you have to purchase a XMPCR and a subscription to listen thru your PC. There are Alaskan listeners of Sirius that I have corresponded with. Those users had to purchase the subscription using a lower 48 address.

Some one that knows for sure may correct me, but I do not think that XM's signal goes that far north. There is a thread on SiriusBackstage that dicusses the Sirius signal and where the service is available. Again with a lower 48 address.

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10522

Head Unit Question

New Sirius Lineup July 7th, 2004!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)