Sirius signal strength

AllyBaba

Original poster
May 25, 2004
I recently took my Sportster car kit out of my car to use in another car. I just put it back in my original car this weekend and now I can't get as good of a signal as I got before. I got 3 bars no problem before, now I only get 1. Every once in a while, it will jump to 3 but most of the time it is only 1 bar. Do I need to do something to re-calibrate it or something?

That seems odd. Is everything exactly the same? Did you put the antenna in the same place? It is possible that you may have damaged the antenna I would check the antenna wire for damage and also check the connection going into the radio.

The connection wire seems OK but in order to check it thoroughly I would need to rip it all out again (I have it up in the seams of the roof). Everything is wired the same as before and the antenna is in the same spot. I have been having issues with the backlight flickering though. I think there is a problem seating the unit into the cradle. I don't think that would have anything to do with the signal strength though, would it? I would hate to go out and buy another car kit and have that not be the problem, although, the flickering backlight is really starting to get on my nerves!

Kinda related...

Heres a new one on me. I have the Audiovox PNP2 and last night I was driving down the highway listening to Sirius 8 and the signal got all fuzzy and some other hip-hop rap type music came on then it fuzzed back out to my 80's music.

The only thing I can figure is that someone else with a sat radio passed near me with higher power output than my PNP2.

On 88.7 there is no other radio stations near me, so that is all I can figure.

I need to get my SWITCH installed once and for all.

As for the topic at hand.. I have noticed once in a great while when I corner sharply that the signal will drop from the antenna.

Is the PNP2 antenna kind of directional??

Mark_AR said:
As for the topic at hand.. I have noticed once in a great while when I corner sharply that the signal will drop from the antenna.

Is the PNP2 antenna kind of directional??

On those corners was Kyle Busch on the inside or outside of you? :p

I understand that Sirius' antennas are not directional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)