Sirius static fix

Ramphogg

Sep 15, 2004
Hey all, new to this forum, looks like a nice group of people.

To my question,

I (like many people) are having a problem with static interfearing with my satellite signal. I have a JVC unit that is using an RF modulator in the base to play the satellite feed through my Sony CD deck. Also like everyone else I am having a hard time finding the FM switching module that everyone says fixes the static problem.

My question is, If I disconnected the antenna plug from the back of my Sony deck would this eliminate the static that I am recieving while listening to Sirius? I've read that the static is caused by local stations broadcasting on that frequency. Its the same deal for all the freq's that are available to tune to.

I can live without my local radio stations anyway, especially if it gets rid of the static I hear while listening to the satellite feed.

Thanks in advance!! -James

Nope, because you would still need a FM antenna to pick up the modulated signal.

You can order the Audiovox FM-Switch directly from Audiovox's website. You will need a plug adapter for your FM Out plug.

Neutron said:
Nope, because you would still need a FM antenna to pick up the modulated signal.

You can order the Audiovox FM-Switch directly from Audiovox's website. You will need a plug adapter for your FM Out plug.

Crap. I thought maybe the Sony deck might still pick up the signal that the modulator was putting out, but the more I think about it what you said is still true.

I guess I can wait for the FM switches to come back into stock at Circuit City or the Audiovox website,god knows how long that could be :p

Plug adapter for my FM out plug? Do I need to order this also from audiovox or is it something I can get at a Radio Shack or Best buy type store?

Thanks Neutron for your help :D

The plug adapter you can get at Radio Shack.

I have read over at siriusbackstage.com of people ordering the FM Switch from Audiovox directly and them having it no more than 4-5 days later.

No problem! I'm here to help!! I love Sirius and would do anything to make a fellow subscriber happy with their Sirius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts