Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
In an effort to speed up the site, as well as off load a lot of data from our server to speed up and save room doing backups, we will be moving all of our avatars and attachments off our S3 cloud hosting servers.

While this work is being done, Avatars and Attachments may not work. This work may take a few hours.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you to Navychop and Derwin0 for making this update possible.

Which opens faster? This is a 250k image. (You can only do each of these once to see the speed difference as the file is then cached on your computer)

Here is a 30 meg video, one served from our server and one served from our new CDN, which one loads faster?

Let me know which one loaded faster for you. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
For me, the MP4 from the CDN was several seconds faster.

Something just crashed.
Read above. :)

I am trying to find what is causing the issue with the reactions (aka likes)

If I look at the source code I see the problem... there is a mistake in the code... I see <head/> which is wrong.

But I can't find it anywhere so I am turning off all the addons to see if it corrects the problem. If it does I need to go through the add ons and find which one is causing the problem. :)

There was a bunch of html code that showed up making it a little bit difficult to read. Looks like the problem just went away though.

Yup reenabling the plugins now, so things should be getting back to normal.
Note this has nothing to do with moving the avatars and attachments to a different server. :)

Which opens faster? This is a 250k image. (You can only do each of these once to see the speed difference as the file is then cached on your computer)

Here is a 30 meg video, one served from our server and one served from our new CDN, which one loads faster?

Let me know which one loaded faster for you. :D
The nyc3 ones load MUCH faster than the others.

The nyc3 ones load MUCH faster than the others.
This speed increase is what I expect when the move and update is complete for all attachments and avatars. :)

The copying is going slower than I want but the program that moves things is throttled so the server is not slowed to a crawl as its moving things.

The files are still copying to the CDN server. The person helping me in England is signing off for tonight and will let it copy overnight. He will switch us over to the new servers in the morning after copying is complete. :D
I like this plan. Copy first, wait for completion, and then switch. Transparent to users.

1. For the record, FF 107 64-bit has always worked.
  2. Once Scott started trying to fix the missing edit box for 4 members, FF 38 (32-bit) lost icons but still worked. Clearing cookies was a disaster because now I can't keep FF logged in, nor can I post my own text. Only replying allows me to post (without my own comments).
  3. IE11 (can you believe that?) still works, though it's very slow. Icons show, and I can post my own comments. The most recent changes fixed the problem with finding out who responded with what icon (like, love, wow, etc). But I can only "like" posts, I cannot change to a different response. Plus it annoyingly goes to a new web page to confirm the "like" before returning to the previous page.