Size of DirecTv's Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tjcnole

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Pensacola, Fl
I saw a Dish network superdish the other day and it is pretty big, about 60 pounds worth. Does anyone know how big the DirecTv dish with 3 LNBs that will get local and HDTV is? I'm curious about how to mount it. Also I have heard that DirecTv will fade more from rain than the Dish system. Is that true? ;)

GARBAGE, the Phase III DirecTV dish is a great antenna, the signal gain is very high for its size and if properly installed with perfect line of sight will prove to be VERY reliable. I really like them and I tell people to upgrade to them whether you need one or not! Its 18"x21" in size.

nonono the rumoured super mega directv dish with 5 satellite locations is probably what he is talking about

Probably not as the new DirecTV dish will have more than 3 LNB.

The fact of the matter is that the larger the dish, the less rain fade you will get. If you use more than one LNB on a dish, that particular dish will actually seem "smaller" to each of the LNBs because neither of the LNBs is actually in the "center" of the dish and when the LNB is not in the exact center of the dish, it can't take advantage of the entire size of the dish. You will get far less "rain fade" with a 3' dish that you will with an 18" dish. The larger the dish, the more signal the dish "collects". LNBs are rated in degrees Kelvin. The lower the degrees Kelvin, the "stronger the LNB is. :)

When do they plan on shipping these guys?

Will the new huge dish still be covered under the FCC law about how apartment / HOA must allow a resident to use them?

That is quite large. I really cannot see the general public convincing wives to allow them to put a 2 foot dish with 5 LNB on the side of the house.

Adding bandwidth to offer more services certainly favors Cable companies, making a huge dish with 5 LNB to offer locals, HD, the works, to select customers when it can be brought into the house on a piece of 5.9 coax is a disadvantage for the sat companies.

Will we need a 13 LNB dish to be able to get In Demand products in the future?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to Disable Tivo registration on Pioneer DVR-810H-s

NFL SD HD games (only 2 on 119)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)