SJ tuners not available

dallasbradshawdns

Jul 16, 2014
Mt. Olive NC
Dish technician here and want a quick opinion from you guys, by the way love this site it has taught me a lot since iv been doing this job. I've got a HWS SJ and reg joey wired correctly but I'm laying in bed and go to change tuners to one not recording and 4&5 say acquiring data.of course pulled plug and smartcard neither worked. (new rg6 from integrator to SJ less than 75ft, 1000.2 ea . Just went outside and replaced integrator but sj still says acquiring data on both 4&5 tuners. Ran check switch on hws and 4&5 never connected back and gave me an error message saying there was a problem with sj. Could it maybe be the node? And worse case the sj?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Did you reboot the Hopper? If not reboot and then reboot the Joey. Does the message say "Guide Update" or Software Update"? If so this is a known problem I reported. Usually rebooting the Hopper corrects it but with an SJ you probably have to reboot both.

There is a known issue in the system for the SJ tuners not showing up. The known issue is listed as scheduling a fix, so we should see that update released in a a week or two.

Reactions: ChadT41
I rebooted everything, one at a time. Still says acquiring data. I looked at everything and even picked some more experienced techs from my offices brains today and its gotta be the sj.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Like I said, I haven't gotten my hands on one, since I have a 2 hopper setup, but I was curious that I heard someone say they ran a CST from the SJ once.

Like I said, I haven't gotten my hands on one, since I have a 2 hopper setup, but I was curious that I heard someone say they ran a CST from the SJ once.
Only when you first set up the super joey and get it authorized, does it run a check switch from the super joey. After that you can only run a check switch from the hopper for both devices.

Reactions: ChadT41
I should stop by a retailer someday and just play with the new toys. The only thing I'm sad about, I left dish before the new toys were available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)