Skybox F-3 receiver

Guitar playing jimmy G

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2016
Kaleva Mich
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of Skybox F-3 receiver? And are they compatible with the new feeds? Have a chance to buy one but don't want to buy something that ain't going to work for picking up newer feeds Thank you Jim Gauthier KD8FHC

What are you paying for it?

I have a used FTA receiver for sale that will work with all currently available feeds.

PM me if you'd be interested.

Will sell cheaper than the Ebay listing if selling direct.

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has ever heard of Skybox F-3 receiver? And are they compatible with the new feeds? Have a chance to buy one but don't want to buy something that ain't going to work for picking up newer feeds Thank you Jim Gauthier KD8FHC
the most detailed info I could find is Skybox F3 HD PVR Satellite Receiver

so from the specs it looks like a standard receiver from 5-10 years ago, DVB-S2, h.264. Definitely useable, except for the HEVC channels (which are quickly becoming more common). For that reason alone, I would not spend more than $20 on it.

it also has reviews on Amazon but hard to tell if buyers didn't like it because they didn't understand how to use it, or maybe they had misplaced expectations...

The Skybox and Openbox were either the same receiver with different names or they were slightly different models maybe according to market sold in. I have the Openbox S9. It is the only receiver that made the cut when I moved. I keep it as backup in case my Edision fails. It will still receive much of what is on Ku nowadays.

But I would only pay $$$ for it now if VERY inexpensive or less.

Reactions: comfortably_numb