SKYHAWK/SOLEMEND 800 SOFTWARE UPDATE QUESTION

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
How do I update the firmware with out losing AC3 audio out. I have my older file that I paid $3 to get it working but I would like to update the firmware. Plus my ac3 audio does not have NA sats. so I have to mess with that.:confused:
Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure the newer updates will include the AC3 within. Go to your main menu page, and look for the suitcase (tools) section. Look to see if there is a "Dump to USB."

If there is a Dump there, you can save all your hard work with any changes you made to the sky/sole/openbox hd s9. If not, you'll lose everything, but you will be able to save everything the NEXT time you want to upgrade.

IF you have the dump by USB, put a small USB stick into the back and format it through your receiver. Use either of the options, they both work.

After formatting ON your receiver, go back to the Dump by USB and click the OK (center) button on your remote. Then highlight

"Dump Mode <image files(*abs) >

and click OK.

Once done, exit out to the last screen and go to "Remove USB device Safely."

If you can dump but there is no 'remove safely' then you'll have to turn off the power from the back before removing the USB devise.

Find, download, unzip the newest file you want to load, and load it through the same menu option, you ~should~ see something that says "Upgrade by USB" or something like that.

Upgrade, then exit and remove device you uploaded from and reinstall your USB with the dump. Again, you'll upgrade that .abs file, you'll have your channels back.

If I am wrong, someone correct me, please.

IF your present file does not support the DUMP section that I mentioned, yu will lose all your settings (been there before have you?) but the newer files HAVE AC3, and newer file abilities. You won't lose your AC3 with a newer file.

Photto

(EDIT: the pictures did NOT load in order, look at the 4th one first, then the third, then the first, then the second. Sorry about that)

Attachments

• DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 149
Thanks for the info. I have tried this and do have a backup of my working settings, but for fun I have been working with the new factory file from MFG site and that is when I lost the ac3 audio. I have had this happen with some other files. The Sadoun file works fine as does my older one with out the NS sats. Just thought it strange I should lose the audio with that file.

What's the name on the "new" file from the manufacturer's site? The last time I saw something claiming to be the manufacturer's site, the firmware file posted there was quite a few versions older than the one everyone else has! (I'm not sure whether it was pre-free-AC3-decoding, though. I thought it was later.)

By the way, past the AC3 decoding and the rearranged switch options that now let you use a motor and a switch at the same time, they've really done nothing substantial that I can think of for American users. Mostly they've fixed problems related to various European encrypted channels.

You know silly me did not look at the date. You are correct Jim S., the file I was looking at is from3-25-10. Sadoun's is newer. I am a little out of date on my testing but now that winter is on I got time to play. Thanks for the observation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.