SkySports and Fox Soccer Espanol questions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wjarrettc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Two questions. First of all, a few weeks ago my TiVo showed that DirecTV had added Fox Sports Espanol at channel 616 but all I got was ShopNBC.com for a few days and then all of a sudden, FSE was available to me. For about two weeks I had FSE and I thought that FSE had been added to the SportsPack.

Then a couple of days ago, it seems to have gone away. I get ShopNBC on 616 on my DirecTiVo boxes but my stand-alone box shows "Channel Not Available". Anyone know what's going on with FSE?

Secondly, a few minutes ago my stand-alone TiVo reported a new Message that they were adding the following channels:

9995 SKYSPO1
9996 SKYONES
9999 SKYNWS

Anybody know what this is about. Any chance we are about to get SkySports and SkyNews on DirecTV. That would be fabulous!

Any info is appreciated.

The Sky channels are listed on the program guide on D*'s website. They are not listed on my r15 , however. As far as FSE, I have been getting that for a few weeks now on 616. It was stil there this morning.

bgilga said:
The Sky channels are listed on the program guide on D*'s website. They are not listed on my r15 , however. As far as FSE, I have been getting that for a few weeks now on 616. It was stil there this morning.

I'm having some kind of freak problem with FSE. One of my receiver's is getting it, one's getting ShopNBC, and the third is getting "Channel Not Available".

Weird.

Hi just a question about sky news. if it IS coming on ch.9997, what equiptment do you need to get it. doesn't seem it would be available on the standard dish? D* website has "sky news tonight" listed on 9997 August 1st.

cueman98 said:
Hi just a question about sky news. if it IS coming on ch.9997, what equiptment do you need to get it. doesn't seem it would be available on the standard dish? D* website has "sky news tonight" listed on 9997 August 1st.

I'm only guessing here but I believe that these will be moved to other channels when released to the public. These are probably only test locations.

I'm only guessing though.

wjarrettc said:
Secondly, a few minutes ago my stand-alone TiVo reported a new Message that they were adding the following channels:

9995 SKYSPO1
9996 SKYONES
9999 SKYNWS

Anybody know what this is about. Any chance we are about to get SkySports and SkyNews on DirecTV. That would be fabulous!

Any info is appreciated.

Please say it is so! Please say it is so! Please say it is so! :up

Like I posted on dbstalk.com and bigsoccer.com, I think they're only for Tony Blair. Once his visit to the US ends, those channels will go off the air. If they are still on and go active on DirecTV after Blair leaves, I'd be shocked. I would be shocked since there would be a big time rights issue with what can and cannot be shown in the US.

BarryS14 said:
Like I posted on dbstalk.com and bigsoccer.com, I think they're only for Tony Blair. Once his visit to the US ends, those channels will go off the air. If they are still on and go active on DirecTV after Blair leaves, I'd be shocked. I would be shocked since there would be a big time rights issue with what can and cannot be shown in the US.

LOL! You think Tony Blair watches tv when he visits the US?? The channels are probably going to be subscription.

kenny911 said:
LOL! You think Tony Blair watches tv when he visits the US?? The channels are probably going to be subscription.

Well, it was England v. Pakistan cricket we're talking about here...

Just checked directv.com TV Listings and the SKY channels are gone. Like I said before, I'd be shocked if we get SKY Sports since there are numerous rights issues they would have to deal with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts