Slimline Conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I am my turbo HD dish at 97w I use Russia Today 12152 transponder to tune with I get about 71 to 72Q and 90% strength I like slimline's they are fun to reuse. If you need help just ask.

Dan Rose

Ok folks, Here is an update on my DTV 500 Slimline KU Band FTA conversion-
With a lot of head scratching, and trips up and down the ladder, and a lot of advice from the folks here, the project worked !

My initial problem I believe was a combination of a few things.
First, I had the elevation incorrect. Was supposed to be 44.6 for my location, but I had it set at about 46.
Second, I did not have the LO set correctly on the receiver.
Third, I had the LNB set to far away from the dish. Just loosened the screws and moved it in all most all the way.

So after slapping my forehead a couple of times, readjusted everything.
Result ? I am now bringing in around 200 channels for TV and I think around 60 for radio. You can bring in KU Band FTA sat's off a DTV 500 aka Slimline Dish!

I am getting 75% plus signal strength, but I am only getting around 50% quality on almost all channels.
Needs to be tweaked a bit, but I will do that after the holiday.

It may just be this Satellite ( Galaxy 19, 97w) but one of the things I am a little disappointed with is that about 90% or better of the channels I am bringing in are in either Asian or Middle East language. Which I would not mind so much if this receiver had CC in English. Cannot seem to find it anywhere. Has teletext and subtitles, but cannot seem to get either to work. ( not sure that is the same as CC tho).

Over all, VERY Happy with the result.
I might try pointing at a few other sat's after Thanksgiving.

I will do a review on the equipment soon.
going to try a slimline myself

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)