SlingPlayer 2.0 (compatable) -link

mac software

Does anyone have a link for the software version that will work with Mac? This really pisses me off i can't watch on my home network.

Just got the Sling Player 2.0 version and it is 10 times better then going through the Dish Network site. The picture is much clearer and has a steadier stream. Please Dish, re enable the Sling Player for the 922.

This is the dumbest thing Dish has done in a long time. To have to login to the website, which gives the user the ability to change programming, etc, and have full access to everything, just to watch the Sling, is absurd.

Thanks for posting the link to the 2.0 player. This is the way this thing should work.

NP... Hopefully as more and more folks upgrade to the 922 they will fill out the poll in the other thread & continue to post here so we can put a face on our displeasure.

Yeah, latest version of Sling Player 2.0.4521 says Dish is unsupported. What a crock.. this is why everyone bought the 922! 2.0.3.508 from the CNET link works but only at QVGA but at least you are viewing on your own LAN rather than through the internet to yourself... so lame! Do you think complaining to dish is going to help? The installer gave me a UHF remote for the 612 box (since I couldn't get TWO 922's) my other gripe... The 612 UHF remote only works within 1-2 feet of the box. Called dish and asked for an IR remote and they told me to get a RG6 extension cable for the UHF port... lame! Isn't that port threaded different than the other ports? And that would require a M-F cable, the dumb customer service person was a total pain. Ended up just ordering an IR+UHF switchable remote off ebay.

I am using sling player 2.0 and am getting 1050Kbs streaming. Does this sound about right. I have comcast 20/4 with powerboost. When boost is on, I get 2100Kbs.
When I go through the dish site, I can't do Hd.

Thanks,

Does it actually surprise anyone that Dish did this? When they acquired Sling I had the feeling this was going to happen. I really want to get the 922 but if they are going to manipulate us like this I have no need for it. I am sure this has something to do with the missing Sling Catcher

I have yet to get a reliable HD stream through the Dish site and that is with a 20Mbps connection (verified from my office to my home based FTP site (business class connection)

I get great speeds through FTP, but when I go through Dish...OMG....If I don't get "server too busy" or "optimizing" I get out my magic 8 ball to ask why...And then 30 seconds later I lose streaming. (SD works fine)

I am so unimpressed by their implimentation I am about to call back the executive office & request a credit for the DVR rental fee until they either:

a. Fix the streaming
b. Get a grip and allow independent sling software
c. Allow me to cancel the contract renewal & return to the old receiver until it is resolved.

and if you have not already...

Don't forget to vote here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-vi...um/209435-poll-stand-alone-sling-vs-dish.html

52 to 1 so far for requesting standalone software support

Last edited:
So this slingplayer 2.0 is the one we want to use if we need to use our home network connection and not a broadband connection on any receiver or are there other versions that will work with other receivers as well (and just not the 922)?

Anyone else think this is Dish bowing to Big Content (tm)? By forcing us to login through the website, it prevents us from letting relatives, friends, etc. use our sling to place shift - inconvenience=copyright protection.

Larry

I know a bunch of people who wont order a 922 because of this..

This is holding a lot of people back from buying a 922.

DISH, you BROKE IT... you FIX IT!

Sorry if this question is sorta off-topic. I want a 922, but I'm waiting till(if) E* releases the Sling Receiver 300. I'm hoping the 922 + the 300 will allow me to stream HD to an HDTV in a different room from where the 922 would be located. I'm still confused if the 922 + the 300 will have to route content through E*'s portal like y'all are talking about in this thread, or if the content will just go directly from the 922 over homeplug/wifi to the 300?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)