Slow download speed for VOD/CINEMA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I just had my system installed and love it. I do have a question about slow download speed for VOD/CINEMA. I have 2 hr24 DVR's and an H24 on the MRV system. My internet is about 10mb per second so that should not be the issue. I went to download a movie in cinema the other night and after about 10 min, it was only about 10% downloaded, i cancelled the download. What could be causing this? I have the system wired directly using a DECA and plugged into my router. It was professionaly installed and everything checked out.

Thanks.

My internet speed is 16meg down and it took me almost 4 hours to download a HD movie on Cinemax which was 2 hours longer then it would have taken to record it while it played.

It doesn't matter how fast your dl speed is. It's a bandwidth limiting deal on Directvs side. I live in a rural area where only 2.0 speed is available. It took me 4 and half hours to load a HD movie. After that, I yanked the ethernet cable and said the heck with it. I have seen other posts in this forum that said it is on Directvs side.

My internet speed is 16meg down and it took me almost 4 hours to download a HD movie on Cinemax which was 2 hours longer then it would have taken to record it while it played.

Are you serious? So all HD movies take hours to download? Is there a way to watch it without recording it? There has to be a faster way to watch the HD movies on VOD or through Cinema. I must be missing something because if you have to take 4 hours to download a movie just to watch it, the VOD and cinema are useless. Does everyone on DTV have this issue?

Thanks.

Same here is have 2 HR24 and recently had a DECA Internet Adapter installed connected via Coax to my SWM switch and my VOD download is extremal slow. I have a 20Mbps Time Warner line. I started downloading Halloween 2 in HD at 5PM yesterday and by 10:30Pm it was still red and at 48%. That is 10 hours for the entire movie. If I run a speed test on my PC I am at 19Mbps easy. They need to change it to Video On Overnight Demand. I ended up renting the movie on my XBOX and that steamed the entire movie in HD using wireless no wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.