Smartcard Return

DaveK

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Ohio
A few weeks back I upgraded my 301 receiver to a 722K through a local retailer. No problems there. As expected I received an email stating that I didn't need to return the 301 receiver to Dish which was expected since i own the 301. However, on my online account it lists a shipment that indicates that Dish is waiting for the Smartcard. I chatted with Customer Service and they have told me twice that I don't need to return the Smartcard from the 301. If that is the case how do I get Dish to remove the notation on my account that they are waiting for the card? Does the card need to be returned and where do I send it, if so? From this and other forums loose ends on Dish accounts don't always end well for customers.

Thanks for the input.

Dave

The card does not need to be returned. I believe that policy changed in November, but the online account portion may not have been updated. You do NOT need to send the card back and you won't be charged for it. If by some crazy chance a charge does appear for the SC on your bill, just call up Dish or hit up a DIRT agent and they should be able to remove it for you. You shouldn't see any charge for the card.

Same thing happened to me with a 501 upgrade.Mattg of the dirt team helped to resolve it.

A few weeks back I upgraded my 301 receiver to a 722K through a local retailer. No problems there. As expected I received an email stating that I didn't need to return the 301 receiver to Dish which was expected since i own the 301. However, on my online account it lists a shipment that indicates that Dish is waiting for the Smartcard. I chatted with Customer Service and they have told me twice that I don't need to return the Smartcard from the 301. If that is the case how do I get Dish to remove the notation on my account that they are waiting for the card? Does the card need to be returned and where do I send it, if so? From this and other forums loose ends on Dish accounts don't always end well for customers.

Thanks for the input.

Dave

Hi Dave, Please PM me your account or phone number and I will verify this for you. Thank you!

Thank you for the replys and to Mary for looking into the question for me. The problem should be resolved.

Watch your Billing Closely! Tech visit $95 for no reason

New hopper locked lost all recordings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)