So, Can I Add The Starz Pack?

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
I wanted to add the Starz Pack since its really the only ch that I dont have that I would like to have. I sub to the basic Voom package...which has been grandfathered in at the 39.99 price. If I add the Starz Pack will that change? What about if I add the Starz PAck and then I cancell it after 2 mths....will I still be grandfathered in?

It is my understanding that you can add/change/delete Plus Packs to your basic VOOM packing and still maintain the $39 subscription rate. However, if you were to switch between VOOM/VA VA VOOM, then the new (higher) subscription rate would apply.

However, I have been told that I can switch back and forth between VOOM and VA VA VOOM and still maintain the old subscription rates ($39/$79) through the end of December. I verified this information with two CSRs, two Supervisors, and had it noted in my account should there ever be a problem. So I guess the answer to your question is, "It depends who you talk to."

Either way, ensure you document all calls and have the information noted in your account. VOOM should really put their "Grandfathered" pricing policy in writing!!!

riffjim4069 said:
I
Either way, ensure you document all calls and have the information noted in your account. VOOM should really put their "Grandfathered" pricing policy in writing!!!
Hey thanks....I really would like to add the pack to my account but if they raise me to the higher rate for the basic pack then it wouldnt be worth it....I'll call and find out. Thanks for the info....

You realize the plus packs are now $20

rtt2 said:
You realize the plus packs are now $20
They can have it, if I want a Movie Pack, I can add them through my Dish acount for $12 and even less if I get 2 or more. Granted, they are not all HD like Voom, but for that price, even the PQ Meister won't pony up the $$. :no

Dvlos said:
I'm surprised you're not a VaVa.
It's too expensive, as it is my bill is $64 /month with the Basic pack. With a recent divorce and having to pay the EX 1/3 of my paycheck, things are pretty tight. :mad: I also pay Dish $17/month and I watch Dish much more than Voom.

Alright then, just don't get rid of your PJ, even if your ex drives you to the poorhouse, I want to know there is at lease one homeless man in this world who owns nothing but a pair of sweaty boxers, flip flops, and DLP PJ and a 110" screen he hangs on a tree to watch some TV (self aims the dish).

Dvlos said:
Alright then, just don't get rid of your PJ, even if your ex drives you to the poorhouse, I want to know there is at lease one homeless man in this world who owns nothing but a pair of sweaty boxers, flip flops, and DLP PJ and a 110" screen he hangs on a tree to watch some TV (self aims the dish).
My HT is my last hope. Just picture me hanging out watching MonstersHD in my sweaty boxers and flip flops. :eek: :D Fortunately, it's not hanging from a tree.....yet. ;) That's why I am always on Voom about PQ, as much as I pay them compared to Dish, I want to watch them but I just can't bring myself to watch an old Cinema10 movie when a much better quality show is on HDNET with a far superior picture (at least before the Olympics anyway). You know about the other thread on AVSForum. :mad: The HT will be the last thing to go if it comes down to it. ;) You'll see me driving around town with an 8' screen strapped to the trunk of my car and hauling a generator around in a trailer. :shocked

DarrellP said:
You'll see me driving around town with an 8' screen strapped to the trunk of my car and hauling a generator around in a trailer. :shocked

As long as this happens, the world will be okay.

I'm with you on the up/down nature of Voom's PQ... no one posted on my audio problems on Equator HD thread today for sure it wasn't my equipment. When I see mosquito noise it's like a let down, so whatever Voom has to do to fix this pronto needs to be done. Be it dumping all the SD channels over to the 2nd Sat. and expanding the bandwidth the better. Or whatever other method they see fit, but they have to realize people have quit Voom because of PQ.

I turn on Equator about once a week to see if it's any better and turn it right off. I refuse to watch a channel that looks like that, there is NO excuse for it or any of the other channels. I really wish they would fix Equator, there are some great shows on there that I would love to see in full glorious HD. As it is, I record some things and watch them on my 13" TV so I can't see the artifacts.

Well, I called and they did say that I can add the Starz pack and still maintain the 39.99 plus rental fee. But I didnt know it was 20 bucks ...so I told them I would call back. Seems alot for the Starz pack. i have to give it some thought.

Now you know why they don't list the price on their website, or at least I couldn't find it. Talk about sticker shock!!!

Even at $15 it was high in my opinion.

Now at $20 WOW

rtt2 said:
Even at $15 it was high in my opinion.

Now at $20 WOW
Its too much...I'm not adding it. I'm hoping they come to their senses and offer it a little bit lower since that is an outrageous price for an add on pack. You do get more with an add on with VOOM than another provider but still... 20 bucks its too much for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)