So... How Many SatelliteGuys have 4x4's or Hot Rod's?

How Many of You have 4x4's, Atv's or Hot Rod's

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stock car, as in a car that came from the dealer with no add-on features. Something tells me, though, that isn't what you had in mind... :)

79 GMC 1/2 ton, lift kit and 12 x 32 x15 tires on the second motor with Headers, Edelbrock Performer Intake manifold and Carb... I'm the original owner... have 2 - Willys Jeep 1946 CJ2 A's one run's... converted both to 12 volt system...haven't driven the truck in 4 months (loves gas ;)) nor jeep in a year...

I don't know where I fit in your matrix. My passion is brisk dirt rally, so I tend to have sports sedans that are brisk, streetable and modified for good handling while not compromising ground clearance. Need to be able to traverse National Forest roads.

Current competition car is a 1990 BMW 535i. Stock ride height, but with Bilstein Sport shocks, 20% stiffer springs, upgraded sway bars, urethane bushings all around. Motor is currently stock as that is sufficient. I run AVS intermediates on the street, and Alpen snow tires for competition. I've been inactive for the last 4 years, but are looking to get going again next season.

Not sure where you put me, autocrossers (something else I will get going for my son soon) or other sports car junkies.

Looking at your results, every person who bought an SUV can honestly answer four wheeler, even though the thing has never negotated anything tougher than the pothole on Main St.

I recently gave a CRX to my daughter. It has been over a half dozen passes in Colorado that are marked 4wd only. (Mosquito, Hagerman, Guenella, Flattop Wilderness, Rollins Pass) I bet half the people who answered 4WD in your survey would cringe in terror on any of these.

I have a 2000 F350 V-10 Quad Cab 4x4. It pulls the travel trailer real easy, and is great in the snow.

I got a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 , with of course a Hemi V8 4x4. Thats my runaround work truck. I also have a New 2008 Chevy 3500 HD Dually With a 6.6 L Duramax , Yes that 660 lb ft of torque with a 6 speed auto 4x4 as well, That pulls my camper and 9800 lb boat without drama.
I only have a Honda Foreman 400 Quad ,thats never used.

And my Track car, Drag strip only is my some what daily driver 2006 Charger SRT-8 with a hemi 6.1, Has some transmission mods, exhaust, ignition, Stock was 425 Horse but now up to about 445 HP .. With the new mods 0-60 is 4.6 seconds (was 5.1 sec) is the best I could do, with the 1/4 mile now at 13.0 seconds flat (was 13.6 sec)

But I get my new Challenger soon ,so I'll do the same mods I did to the Charger. But Factory claims 4.6 seconds to 60 Stock, So If I can get it to Run 4.0 sec-60 without a supercharger I'll be Very satistfied.

Reworded last option... :) I need to put off road tires on my new F150 (2 wheel drive) for deer season... I had a good set on my old one but couldn't swap as my new one came with chrome wheels and my time was limited to swap the tires and keep my current wheels...

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 4.7L v8 . I have a 2001 ram 4x2 till last winter when I put it in the ditch doing 20mph during a snowstorm, insuarance company totalled it and that was the last straw I was getting 4wd finally we had a terrible winter last year.

We are looking into a Midget or Legends car for next springs race season, my brother is going to race it around the midwest.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab 4x4 4.7L V8. Terrible on gas - 13MPG. Living in Michigan winters makes 4x4 a necessity. Work makes the pickup a necessity.

I have a 2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 L LS2 6 speed.
Lots of mods to the engine internally and bolts ons.

Heads, cam, drag radials, dual 3" exhaust w/ X-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, JBA headers, Fast 90 intake, 95mm Ported polished throttle body, Cold air intake, custome dyno tuned ecu, 3.91 rear differential, under drive pulleys, 160 degree SLP thermostat. Nitto 555R extreme drag radials 275/40/17's

Car 0-60's in High 3 second range, runs low 11's in the quarter mile. (depends on my poor driving skills)LOL.

Other hotrod-
1998 chevy S-10 4.3 V6 Vortec (wait before you laugh).....
Mickey Thompson slicks, 4.10 rear gears, edelbrock long tube headers, 2.5" dual custom made stainless exhaust, X-pipe, Flowmaster super 40's, Under drive pulleys, Custom tune, 11.5 :1 compression ratio, forged pistons (for a turbo or supercharger some day), Forged crank, engine balanced, forged H-beam rods.
Heads, cam, electric fans, 5 speed NV-3500 tranny.

Truck runs low 13's in the quarter mile (not bad for a normally aspirated v6) in a 3500 lb truck with traction issues. Fun truck to drive around town.

Truck just turned 22,000 original miles. Looks brand new.

My little rocket :

2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

Full Akra exhaust, K&N filter, +2 rear sprocket, Power commander custom map, jumper mod, race cams.
Bike will run mid to high 10's in the quarter mile. (feels fast on two wheels).

My daily driver -

2003 s10 2 wheel drive, LS package-tilt wheel, cruise control, disc changer, sirius radio, all the goodies, lowered 2" front , lowered 3" rear.
255 60R15 tires all the way around, Helwig front and rear oversized sway bars with eurethane busings, OBX header and down pipe, custom catback dual exhaust with a pair of IMCO 3 chamber turbo style mufflers (sounds like a weed trimmer). Homemade cold air intake with K&N cone filter. Flexalite 16" electric fan, Low temp thermostat, 4.10 rear axle gears.
4L60E w/ shift kit(it shifts hard enough to put the dash board in your lap). - 2800 rpm stall converter, B&M stacked plate trans cooler with Spal fan. 2.2L 4 cylinder engine - TOO SLOW to take to track or list quarter mile times.

Should probably list how many days it takes to go a mile . LOL Oh well it gets good fuel economy.

Attachments

• Photo_042008_024.jpg
    Photo_042008_024.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Photo_042008_023.jpg
    Photo_042008_023.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo_042008_025.jpg
    Photo_042008_025.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Photo_071408_001.jpg
    Photo_071408_001.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 179
  • Photo_071408_002.jpg
    Photo_071408_002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Photo_071408_004.jpg
    Photo_071408_004.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Got a 2002 4x4 Chev Silverado 1500 short box step side, I have it for work mostly, I"ve had 7 new 4x4's over the last 25 years, Just about time to trade again, this is the longest I"ve owned a vehicle. I don't think I could drive a car in the winter anymore, I'd be stuck all the time:D
Truckracer, I had one of those Ninjas, the 1000 model, those things are insanely fast, I owned it back when I still had the nerve to drive one.:)

Other hotrod-
1998 chevy S-10 4.3 V6 Vortec (wait before you laugh).....
Mickey Thompson slicks, 4.10 rear gears, edelbrock long tube headers, 2.5" dual custom made stainless exhaust, X-pipe, Flowmaster super 40's, Under drive pulleys, Custom tune, 11.5 :1 compression ratio, forged pistons (for a turbo or supercharger some day), Forged crank, engine balanced, forged H-beam rods.
Heads, cam, electric fans, 5 speed NV-3500 tranny.

Truck runs low 13's in the quarter mile (not bad for a normally aspirated v6) in a 3500 lb truck with traction issues. Fun truck to drive around town.

HA HA HA I'm Laughing .Since my 1996 S10 SS only ran 0-60 in 8.3 seconds. And since a 2008 Trailblazer SS only runs 14 teens in the 1/4 mile with 395 horsepower. I'd like to see it.:rolleyes:

Hey there Hemi,
Your stock '96 s10 only made 180-190 hp @ the crank. That's not much. One or two years of 4.3's only made 160-175 hp.
The 4.3 engines have terrible flowing heads, low compression, camshaft has no duration and not much lift at all. Those engines can't breath in stock form. The cast iron manifolds are a joke too. The central sequential EFI fuel system and manifold could barely keep up with a stock engine with bolt ons. They were essentially an old school 350 with two cylinders cut the block.

Remeber you still have a 4" bore and 3.5" stroke just like a 350 small block.
There is power to be made there with the right hardware.
One of my friends has a GMC Syclone turbo 4.3 that runs very low 11's. Don't laugh too hard - His 60 foot times are somewhere around 1.30 or so (it's all wheel drive of course). I would be hard pressed to outrun him on my bike.

The trailblazer SS is an suv. Need I say more - that thing weighs a ton and it would probably take 600hp/600ft/lb torque to even consider low 13's in a big truck like that. (I am guessing) The trailblazer would be like trying to drag race a cargo van. It may have a high output engine but the there is a lot of weight and the gearing is not optimal for quarter mile runs. ECU programming for stock LS2's really suck. GM runs them pig rich with very little spark advance. A good formula for less than stellar power output.

Those are nice vehicles (trailblazer ss) but hardly any match for a good running street car now days.

Your Hemi with some heads and a good cam would make your nose feel like it moved to the back of your head! Throw in some good gears and a high stall torque converter and you would waste most anything on the road.
I got to ride in a supercharged 6.1 Hemi charger. I was very impressed. A car that has room, you can take all your friends with you (4 doors) and still very fast. Fuel economy on his car was respectable for the setup he had.

The Hemi's are a little heavy just like my GTO. I wish the automakers would lighten these cars up with some carbon fiber and magnesium parts but still keep them somewhat affordable.

GM always killed me marketing those s10 "SS" trucks. They looked good but would get hosed by a decent running Nissan Maxima.
I did like the zQ8 suspension. Probably one of the best handling trucks on a twisty road I have ever driven.

Last edited:
Went to the local dragstrip today...

Attachments

• Shelby.JPG
    Shelby.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 178
  • ford.JPG
    ford.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 184
  • fairlane and vette.JPG
    fairlane and vette.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Cars 2.JPG
    Cars 2.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 182
  • Cars.JPG
    Cars.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Shelby2.JPG
    Shelby2.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 189
My dad has a couple of 4x4's and we used them to hold up his deck. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts