so its been what.. about a week now...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are some internationals coming next week...

A temporary Dish and Switch from 72.5 are supposed to be announced next week as well.

I will be meeting with DirecTV and hopefully I can pull more info out of them then. :D

Last time I talked to them though they were upset that I knew about the 5 LNB Dish.

TNT is almost there.... I understand the equipment is all set at the uplink there is a snag now with the contract. Hopefully it comes soon. As soon as the contract snag is fixed we could see TNT-HD as soon as the same day.

nice.. so you're thinking TNT-HD by the end of the month? i hope so. FOX-HD E/W would be nice tooo... but as long as they add it before the new season of 24 starts I'll be happy.

That's good to hear about TNT-HD.

I got to check out Las Vegas, LAX and Father of the Pride on NBC-HD over the last couple days. I thought they all looked really good, especially Las Vegas and the animated Father of the Pride. From what I saw of LAX I don't think it will be around longer than one season, but who knows.

Fox-HD and 24 = can't wait!

Scott,
From everything I have read here, I believe TNT and Fox will be our next two released channels in HD, any idea of what may be next in line off of the list of the 24 HD channels floating around ?

I have my fingers crossed.... ;)
I did take the advise on the $0.00/6 months for the HD package.
Maybe by then, the new SAT will just about be up & going. I sure would love FOX-HD (since my local FOX won't have their tower upgraded until next summer sometime). Please D*, pretty please, with sugar on it?

Barney

GutBomb said:
wouldn;t your local fox affiliate have to give you waivers? not many are up for doing that.

They have the splicer, they are O&O by FOX, but they only are running 800 watts.......have to live right under the tower. They have been doing the "hardship" for way too long. ABC-HD, NBC-HD, CBS-HD, & PBS-HD all come in beautiful with my $14 indoor antenna.

Barney

As I posted here in this thread the other day DirecTV and Time Warner were in talks for TNT-HD. I understand that the contract has been finalized and has been signed or will be signed tommorow.

We should see TNT-HD on DirecTV within a week. :)

Thats some GREAT news Scott................even though it is 2 weeks to late.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!September 11th Richmond race!!!!!!!!!!!Better late than never...........theres always next year!

Scott Greczkowski said:
As I posted here in this thread the other day DirecTV and Time Warner were in talks for TNT-HD. I understand that the contract has been finalized and has been signed or will be signed tommorow.

awesome. thanks for the update.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Just to point this out, I can't see why Time Warner Cable would be in talks with TNT-HD? They put the channel up on almost all of their systems over 2 months ago now.

OMG, I'm glad they might be adding TNT-HD soon, not glad that they'll be another big discussion about bit rates and how horrible D*'s HD pictures look. Frankly I'm not seeing any great degragation in PQ on my 50" plasma. Yea, there's a 'breakup' every now and then, I saw one on Sunday's Dead Like Me on Showtime-HD, I can live with that until they get their new sats up and running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiswitch help

Should I be worried?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)