So supposedly the Block Bust deal was the start....BD+ ready

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
of a big announcement week.

Something big for tomorrow is what Ive seen. Hopefully itll be some missing fox titles and the spiderman trilogy.

Universal neutral would be nice(even though the new releases Ive seen from them lately kinda sucked) but I doubt that at this point.

this isnt the first time I have seen this reported, I have seen many posts that state they have something good in store, I hope we arent all let down.

Im seeing from many sources that BD+ is ready, so thats big if true. Fox will get their arse back into giving us movies on BR.

From Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Players, Movies, Recorders, Media and Software

Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray News - BD+ Goes Live

"The BD+ Technologies, LLC is now issuing specifications for use by movie studios to begin using the BD Plus (BD+) content protection system. Essentially, BD+ is now ready for studio use on new releases. BD+ is a very fluid content protection system which allows many levels of protection from piracy, ensuring that studio content isn't copied for financial gain.

Most will note that Fox/MGM has been silent for the past few months while waiting for this technology to mature, so we should be seeing an announcement from them shortly in regards to new releases. Other studios, including those who currently don't support Blu-ray, have shown some interest as well, though it is unknown if any other studio besides Fox will make use of this technology at this time. "

Here's what I know so far. The "insider" who reported last week that Blockbuster would offer support, also said BD+ was ready(which it is) and stated that Target would only sell BR hardware.

We should see today if the Target rumor is true.

Maybe they're waiting to see if BD+ stays secure before they release their best stuff.

Ive seen MGM's plans for 4th qtr, but nothing on Fox yet.

Actually MGM has already said the report of 4th qtr. releases is untrue:

From HighDefDigest.com:

UPDATE: (06/19/07 7:27PM ET)
We've received word directly from MGM late this afternoon that despite earlier reports to the contrary, the studio has not announced any new Blu-ray titles for this later year. The studio says that the Home Media Magazine article that broke the story earlier today was erroneous, and HMM has since removed the text pertaining to MGM's fourth quarter Blu-ray plans from their online story.

Now for the slow people.

When teach told me that MGM denied the rumor, I said that was what I was talking about, hence the "lack there of" statement.

And yes, Fox is still quiet.

Now for the slow people.

When teach told me that MGM denied the rumor, I said that was what I was talking about, hence the "lack there of" statement.

And yes, Fox is still quiet.

Thanks for the kind words. :(

Actually trying the elec coop's new Wi-Fi ISP out here in the boonies, instead of satellite internet. Much faster, but so far it seems because their cache / proxy server seems out of date. I've had this all week so far - I post a reply and several hours later I suddenly see several post ahead of me.

Maybe they're waiting to see if BD+ stays secure before they release their best stuff.
I think so, too.
And based on the opinion of one of the doom9 experts, it might take a few months (but he has no doubts it will fall).
The main reason - BD+ specs are not public (like AACS are). But as long as PCs will be authorized to play discs with BD+, there is no doubt it will fall.

Diogen.

And if they don't crack it, I'm sure the NSA would love to hire the guys that came up with it.

There is only one code that has never been broken. The Navaho language when used by the US Military against the Japanese during World War II. Almost every code used by man has been broken very quickly. It is very easy to break a code once you get a footprint. Military codes are usually changed daily -- some everytime information is sent but on daily changes those codes are usually broke within the first hour of use. And yet they continue to use the same medium over and over.

BD+ is supposed to be tough not only because it is not public but also because it is layered and it can be changed by the product manufacturer. Supposedly it also has a tracker in its code that if broken and hits the internet will immediately notify the orginator of the particular code bust. It would be very interesting if this is indeed in the code. I doubt that this feature would be economically possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)