So which of you is this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Saw this image posted to reddit. The ridiculous thing is most of their commenters thought someone was operating a radio telescope.
0B4e4EW.jpg

So fess up, who is it?
Discussion: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/20d4yf/i_wonder_if_they_get_hbo/

Attachments

• 0B4e4EW.jpg
    0B4e4EW.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 309
Ok, fess up, who are you? And why not posted in the Pictures of your dishes thread here?
BTW: nice farm. & also nice it being another HOA Free Zone.
comment: I don't see a 30W dish, what's up with that?

Don't they have information in pictures sometimes, that gives the location? I haven't learned how to look for that yet myself, I'd be curious to know where that is, lol. Must not be inside an incorporated town though, or the locals would be writing him up every day.

IPTC info is empty - so may not be the original file. IPTC info I've been using Irfanview for many years. -with all the plugins- [Metadata plugin for IPTC EXIF ] (both windows and in wine in linux runs fine)

I never heard of Reddit, I took a look at the site and there are some rough people hanging in there. One of responces thought the house is in Elizabeth NJ.

Great picture!!!! Looks like my back yard :)

Great picture!

I did some more investigating and found that it is on WestField Avenue in Elizabeth, New Jersey.

Here is the Google Earth street-level view. It looks like this was back 'in the day' when he only had 3 dishes.

Westfield+Ave+Elizabeth+NJ.png

Looks like the "infill" has happened to him like me. Single family residence neighborhoods suddenly having multi-unit apartments shoehorned into every nook and cranny on the block. :(

Epic! I pissed my HOA by putting a GeoSat Pro dish in my front yard and invoked the OTARD rule to get them to back off... But this is over the top cool. My Nerd-O-Meter is maxed. Well done... well done!

===
Bill

IsOh, whois Jersey now? Privacy shoulda mattered! It is somebodies home! Go knock on doors! Crumble inc you why! Cool setup, services gamble, looks like one is on weather/data! Notice the old dish net dish is aimed at north pole! One is aimed, oh my, cant tell u where!

Last edited:
LOL His HOA has a problem with his one blue bucket with a ku dish in it. They would freak if they saw this

Wasn't my HOA (wouldn't live where there is one!), was just one neighbor.

But I certainly wouldn't mind having a setup like that anyway! :D Girlfriend would kill me, though.

- Trip

My balcony will probably look like that section of roof soon... So long as my fiancee doesn't kill me. I could probably justify the expense of the motor by saying it would cut down on clutter...

Status
Please reply by conversation.