Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Hi guys, A while back I got a real good deal on a TBS5980 USB tuner. For numerous reasons I haven't gotten around to playing around with it all that much. Its time to give a couple of my fixed dishes a tune-up before the cold weather sets in. I was wondering if there was a recommended software program(s) that could be used with a laptop and my USB tuner out at the dish farm. I can still bring a STB and TV out there but the laptop would be easier and probably more accurate too. My laptop is dual boot Windows/Linux so I'm flexible on operating systems. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, A while back I got a real good deal on a TBS5980 USB tuner. For numerous reasons I haven't gotten around to playing around with it all that much. Its time to give a couple of my fixed dishes a tune-up before the cold weather sets in. I was wondering if there was a recommended software program(s) that could be used with a laptop and my USB tuner out at the dish farm. I can still bring a STB and TV out there but the laptop would be easier and probably more accurate too. My laptop is dual boot Windows/Linux so I'm flexible on operating systems. Thanks in advance.
EBSPro is good for this. It provides a S/N display that I have found much mire useful for optimizing the signal tham the SQ display on a receiver.

If you pay for the licenced version (about $30), you can use an Android app on a phone to display the same data as a nice big bar chart, and, most useful of all, it can speak the S/N ratio to you. Thus you can make adjustments with both hands free, looking at what you're doing and not gaving to keep one eye on the screen.

The downside is the computer running EBSPro and the phone have to be connected on a wireless network. I believe the phone app will also work across an Internet connection, but I haven't tried that (I assume there would be some significant latency, which there isn't when using Wi-Fi.

Pretty nice. But I don't see the Android app in the Play Store. I'm either searching for the wrong thing or you have to somehow load it manually.

Pretty nice. But I don't see the Android app in the Play Store. I'm either searching for the wrong thing or you have to somehow load it manually.
It's not in the Play Store - you download it from the EBSPro web site. The download links seem to still be active tonight.

It's not in the Play Store - you download it from the EBSPro web site. The download links seem to still be active tonight.
The download links are working but the "donation" link isn't there. So there is no way to make the Remote software work.:(

The download links are working but the "donation" link isn't there. So there is no way to make the Remote software work.:(
I would go have a look at Rick's site. The author of EBSPro is active there. There may be an explanation of what's going on. It would be very disappointing to loose the availability of EBSPro.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)