Some cool Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this get its stats.

I find the downward trend to be surprising, to be honest, given the growth we have seen.

How does this get its stats.

I find the downward trend to be surprising, to be honest, given the growth we have seen.

Remember that is unique visitors so if you visit once in a month then you score as one of those 44,543

There may be more returning members so it will show as declining. The site is a google PR5, which is damn good.

Remember that is unique visitors so if you visit once in a month then you score as one of those 44,543

There may be more returning members so it will show as declining. The site is a google PR5, which is damn good.

Cool. Thanks for finding that.

Neither of those stats are accurate, in fact they are off by a lot.

Also the demographic information on Quantcast stats are also off big time. How do they know what our members make, what race they are etc.

We do track this stuff though (both here on ur server and independantly vua Google Analytics) and I have not posted them for awhile. Perhaps today I will have the time to post it, as the information is really interesting. :)

Yea how do they think they know what I make and how many kids I have. But I'm probably one of the 9% of addicts.

Hi. I'm Chris and I'm addicted to SatelliteGuys.us. :cool:

Neither of those stats are accurate, in fact they are off by a lot.

Also the demographic information on Quantcast stats are also off big time. How do they know what our members make, what race they are etc.

We do track this stuff though (both here on ur server and independantly vua Google Analytics) and I have not posted them for awhile. Perhaps today I will have the time to post it, as the information is really interesting. :)

I wondered about the demographics myself. It seemed off.
They probably explain how they figure that stuff out somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look it up. :D

Just took a quick look.

Here are the stats for July (which is not over yet) :)

Unique Visitors: 170172
Number of Visits: 413628
Pages: 3199539
Hits: 33172878
Bandwidth: 153.15 GB

Top visitor this month is the Googlebot... followed in second place by Echostar (Dish Network) viewing 32,511 pages for a total of 104,432 hits and has consumed 2.49 GB of bandwidth.

Attachments

• os_stats.jpg
    os_stats.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 168
I wouldn't trust Alexa Stats at all.

The Alexa stats are based on folks downloading and installing the Alexa Toolbar.

I installed it on 3 computers running Windows XP and IE 6 and ran it for a few days and our stats JUMPED up. (Alexa Toolbar does not work with IE 7)

Some interesting reading on Alexa Stats:
The Chitika Blog » Blog Archive » Are Alexa Stats Messed Up?
Slashdot | The Real Problem With Alexa

I've heard that before, but they'll make a cheesy t-shirt for you lol! IMO it's hard to get any real accurate stats.

I'm too small to even be listed on alexa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts