Central Michigan
SD Additions:
Wilkes Barre-Scranton PA
SD Station Launch
WQMY Ch 53 (MNT)

Tulsa, OK
SD Remap Launch
KSBI Ch 52 (Ind)
Remap from Oklahoma. Station broadcast NBA Thunder games.

HD Additions:
Youngstown OH
HD Station Launch
WKBN Ch 27 (CBS)
Signal will change from SD to HD on the Mpeg 4 platform.

Philadelphia PA
HD Station Launch
WHYY Ch 12 (PBS)

YESSSS!!! Now I can record in HD on OTA and Sat. Thank You Charlie for adding Youngstown, OH Local(s). I didn't ever think it would happen.:)
EDIT:
Your post shows CBS added only. I am not at home to verify. Ch 21 (WFMJ) NBC and CH 45/49 (WNEO) PBS have a digital channel too. Ch 17/62 (WYFX) Fox is a LP analog channel(Owned by WKBN Ch 27) that has recently in the last couple of weeks been splitting their digital signal with WKBN to offer a digital feed now. Maybe the other locals will be uplinked.....SOON.

Woops, my bad. I guess I should have paid attention to what forum I was reading.

Last edited:
I have D* from Wilkes Barre / Scranton. I have WQMY but only on my HD receiver. The standard receivers do not have it yet. I called Directv and she said to check it again tomorrow, as the SD signal may not have come through yet. It's on channel 53, at 720p, same resolution as WNEP and WOLF, but haven't seen any HD shows yet, maybe smackdown on friday.

no WQMY here yet either

I don't have WQMY yet either. But I want to thank everyone who helped get it pushed so Directv to carry it.

I have D* from Wilkes Barre / Scranton. I have WQMY but only on my HD receiver. The standard receivers do not have it yet. I called Directv and she said to check it again tomorrow, as the SD signal may not have come through yet. It's on channel 53, at 720p, same resolution as WNEP and WOLF, but haven't seen any HD shows yet, maybe smackdown on friday.
Sounds good, Not sure what good it does to have an SD channel only on a HD receiver. But OH Well.. What kind of channel is it? a MY network?

Good news it shows that they are still adding standard definition locals to markets that don't have locals at all.

I was starting to wonder, as you never hear abot Direc (or Dish for that matter) doing this.

You only really ever hear about them adding HD versions to already existing markets.

This gives me hope for Joplin, MO eventually getting locals.... as it looks unlikely that the local networks are going to grant my waiver requests (Was able to get CW and PBS... but the local Fox has already turned me down once and I've yet to hear from the local ABC, CBS or NBC affiliates.

I've got an AM21 and an OTA anetnna, but can only get PBS, ABC and NBC to come in reliably. Fox and CBS almost never come in.. so it would really be nice if Joplin gets locals within the next year or so... the sooner the better obviously.

Still no My network on my SD Equipment. What satellite did this channel get put on? 119?
Hate to say it ,But Satellite Guys needs a Much better D* uplink report. Or should I say Some sort of D* uplink report.

CSR said local MNT for Wilkes-Barre missed the signing can anyone tell me if this is true

According to someone on the NEPA board, it got put on the HD satellite (even though it's SD) because there's no more room on the SD satellite.

Will the SD receivers work with one of the 5-LNB dishes that HD customers get?

I can certainly tell you why it is that you are not receiving WQMY. When WQMY was added to the Direct TV lineup in Northeastern PA it was added to the HD satellite that services this area (there are 2 satellites serving NEPA one for locals channels - this satellite was and is full - and one satellite for HD channels). Because the WQMY had to be placed on the HD satellite, it is only available for viewing by customers who subscribe to the HD tier and therefore have an mpeg 4 receiver. I hope this clears up any confusion that you have and if you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks for your email and have a great day!

Melissa Schwartz | Program Coordinator
WOLF | WSWB | WQMY
(P) 570.970.5613 | (F) 570.970.5601
mschwartz@fox56.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dodgers in HD on MLBNet?

How to hook up audio for A/V receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts