Somebody jacked my RA super joey WTF!?!?!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I love living in a small town in SE Oklahoma that is populated by meth heads.

Seriously why is there no signature required.

Chatting with Dish right now trying to fix this.

I have seen on the news where we've had that happen 3 or 4 times in the Tulsa area lately. A couple of them were caught on home surveillance cameras and that lead to them being caught when they tried again.

I always had trouble with ups delivering to our ranch in Pontotoc, always got the excuse they couldn't find it and would leave it at a house they assumed was a close neighbor or I had to drive into Ada to get it myself.

I always ask them how hard is it to miss the 4ft tall white steel Ranch logo sign along the road. I finally got them to start leaving things at the Post Office in Fittstown.

I guess its time to extend my fence line around my front yard and let my great dane, basset hound and boxer have full run of the property.
Only reason I havent done so far is for the utility meter readers so they wouldnt have to run the risk of dealing with my pack of dogs.

I guess its time to extend my fence line around my front yard and let my great dane, basset hound and boxer have full run of the property.
Only reason I havent done so far is for the utility meter readers so they wouldnt have to run the risk of dealing with my pack of dogs.

Not to mention the UPS driver himself! I've had UPS walk downstairs outside and leave it next to my sliding glass door into the basement. Sometimes they hide stuff under a bush. Make sure you look around thoroughly.

If you have the tracking number, you can usually click on the drivers notes, and it usually says where he left it. That's been my experience.

Reactions: . Raine
I have a camera pointed right at our porch in plain sight where UPS leaves their packages. Even a dummy camera would work for a deterrent to that stuff.

that is how I know it was left on porch
But YOUR porch? I've had UPS deliver to the same number address on a cross street to mine several times. At least they call me to let me know. And then, they have delivered two houses up. And when I manage to get someone on the phone, they ALWAYS use the "the usual driver is on vacation and the sub screwed up" excuse. When I ship something, it's always FedEx.

But YOUR porch? I've had UPS deliver to the same number address on a cross street to mine several times. At least they call me to let me know. And then, they have delivered two houses up. And when I manage to get someone on the phone, they ALWAYS use the "the usual driver is on vacation and the sub screwed up" excuse. When I ship something, it's always FedEx.

So how is somebody else not doing their job my issue?
Dish should have signature required requirement for receivers they ship people.

I got taken care of by driving to the warehouse and getting a new super joey. Since I am an internal tech they should've let me do this in the first place.

I filed a police report for stolen property and now its between UPS and Dish to figure out who is going to eat the cost of that stolen box.

Trying to explain to you how things work sometime. If you do not want anything delivered without signature, go to UPS and FED EX and sign the form.

So how is somebody else not doing their job my issue?
Dish should have signature required requirement for receivers they ship people.

I got taken care of by driving to the warehouse and getting a new super joey. Since I am an internal tech they should've let me do this in the first place.

I filed a police report for stolen property and now its between UPS and Dish to figure out who is going to eat the cost of that stolen box.

UPS should eat the cost of it. It's up to UPS to successfully deliver it. What actually winds up happening, I don't know. I always have heard that UPS will have to eat the cost.

I had somewhat the opposite experience with Best Buy. I had a UPS delivery scheduled, and it was apparently signature required. Got a note on the door. I call, ask if I can pick it up at the local distribution location, as I know where it is. I was told no...that Best Buy had restricted it so much, I could only take delivery at my home, I could not pick it up anywhere. They would let me note on the form that I could let them drop it no signature required, but if anything happened, it was on me. I really found that annoying...if you have to have a signature when people are working, how about letting us stop by the distribution center on our way home from work to get it. Nope.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

I did not know this, I always thought the signature requirement was something the shipper requested.
It is. Sometimes the carrier leaves a form you can sign to have them leave the package requiring a sig at your risk. Some items cannot be left without a sig, not even waivers work. Some sigs have to be the person to which the package is addressed. Some anyone can sign for. It depends. Some items are shipped with no signature required and will be left wherever the carrier places it. If you don't want that you have to contact the common carrier and override that so that a sig is always required to release the package. I get a lot of hazardous and nonhazardous stuff shipped to me so I've seen just about every combination there is at some point. And some things that make little sense to me. I've had to sign for el cheapo stuff and have had ten thousand dollar shipments dropped with no sig required.

I had that happen when I had the Dishstore with a 508 receiver. Customer claims It was stolen off his porch.

Guy said he didn't get it, made me file a claim with UPS and acts like a dick to the UPS investigator, And demands I send out a replacement ASAP.

so like a month later, low and behold I get a commission on the stolen receiver, it's on the same account as the other replacement receiver.

I called the UPS investigator because this guy was such a dick to both of us, and the last I heard was a voice mail from the customer saying his wife took the receiver for safe keeping off his porch, he found it and he now wanted to buy it and wanted a paid invoice for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts