Someone Vandalized My Dish !

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
I was out in Nevada for 5 weeks. When I got back ,I fired up my Ku receiver and there was zip signal across the arc. I when out to the dish to check the cables and immediately noticed that the LNB had been rotated from 0 degrees to -20 degrees. I tried to rotate the LNB back to 0 but the LNB was clamped down tight! WTF? I know the LNB was clamped down at 0 when I left, so someone actually loosened the screws, moved the LNB and then re-tightened the screws. Crazy! Anyway, I reset the LNB and checked for signals. Nothing. I found that the dish azimuth had been tweaked and the Stab motor clamps were messed up. I installed a replacement clamp from Ace Hardware and reused the other clamp. Remounted the dish on the motor and got the motor bracket back to level - with a hammer. All is good now! It appears that the GoeSat dish did not get bet out of shape. I’m still scratching my head about the rotated LNB.

I checked my yard surveillance video and couldn’t find a motion detected incident at the dish. There might be something on there, but I’m not going through 5 weeks of video.

Wow! Glad you were able to get it working again. Any neighbors or kids you have had issues with lately? Maybe drop a mention in passing while talking with them and see if you get any reaction. Of course, you could just review the camera footage a little at a time when you are able and you will have a definite answer. If it was me I would NEED to know how it happened. :rolleyes