Son of God

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the same people who did the Bible mini-series on History last year. That was pretty well done, other than Satan having a distinct resemblance to Barak Obama.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
In fact isn't this a redited version of the Bible miniseries? not that such a thing is good or bad.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I'm just surprised they can cover his entire life in 2hrs, 18min. It would expect this story to run at least 3-hours.

Born under weird circumstances, with religious freaks bringing him presents (no diapers, apparently). Good boy, never in trouble, except for that cleansing of the Temple thing (obviously didn't know the Temples were also the banks). Disappeared for many years, some say he traveled the world and picked up strange ideas in foreign lands. Preached for what, 3 years? Came to bad end.

See? Can be done quickly! :p

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
My take (I be damned): this film glosses over Jesus' birth and covers the period from his selecting his apostles, preaching, crucifixion and resurrection. The film was historically accurate and well-produced. However, I didn't learn anything new or insightful...I wasn't draw into this film on an emotional level (I feel much more emotion watching Touched by an Angel)...and it felt, well...mechanical for latter of a better word. It's as though I was watching a lightly acted documentary on the History Channel and not an Epic motion picture about the miraculous life and times of Jesus of Nazareth. No bad, but I would not recommend reading the book instead. I give it 6/10 stars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)