Sonicview 1000 and HH120: Confusion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Has anybody ever used a sonicview 1000 with a stab hh120? How about a buzz, I have read that they may be the same unit?

I received my HH120 from Sadoun last night. I just hooked it up on my work bench with no dish to see how it works. I'm confused about how it is acting.

My location is at 87.5W, so I choose AMC3 and tell usals to move to this position. The hh120 moves slightly and stops... COOL! So I start working back and forth from 87W choosing close satellites to see it move. What I have found is that it will move for some satellite positions and not others. With the sat positions that work, I can move with usals AND diseqc. The sat positions that don't work will not work with either usals OR diseqc. With those that don't work, usals says it is moving, then acts like it completed, but nothing actually happens. Using diseqc on the same sat, it shows "moving east" or "moving west" but nothing happens. I am confused because It will go to some sat positions east and west, but not some in between. If I create a new sat, I cannot move with diseqc. Something else, telling it to go to "reference" does not go to zero, it goes to about the 25 mark to the east (consistently).

I have set my coordinates N & W (made sure to change from E) & Made sure limits are turned off. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware from sonicview and done a factory reset.

Any ideas?

I've used the Buzz Plus very successfully with a Stab hh90 motor.
1) When you use USALS mode to go to AMC3, for example, once you get a good position, you MUST save it using the red "store position" button on the remote. The Sonicview REALLY operates normally in Diseq 1.2 mode, going from "saved position" to " saved position" . I didn't initially understand that fact, since I'd started with true USALS receivers like a Merc II, which can always be in USALS mode. The Sonicview only uses the USALS to get you into position for saving a point.
Is that what you've been doing ? I hope it's this simple. :)

Brent

Hi Brent,

Yea I knew I had to store the position with the red button.

An example of my problem;

From wherever the motor currently is, I can go to set up the satellite AMC3. I select AMC3 and I can use "usals" to get close, or just use "motor" to move manually to find and store the position.

Now, to set up G4(G16), I select G4 and set the motor to either "motor" or "usals", but neither will actually cause the motor to move.

When I get home tonight, I will use one of the sat positions that will allow me to move the motor. Move to G4 and see if I can store it as G4

Taking an idea from c-band useage, I was able to move to the satellite positions at 40W and 139W so I set them as east & west limits. After doing that, it now allows me to manually move the dish to store a newly created satellite. I don't have time right now to test some of the sat positions that wouldn't allow me to move the motor earlier

Good job. I have never used the limits function, but apparently you've managed to get the motor/receiver combo oriented. I particularly love the signal strength meter on the Sonicview, even when you are watching a channel, you can hit "signal" and tweak your position.
The only downside is the inflexible range of the blindscan. I find myself terminating the scan at 12200 manually, and then blindscanning the opposite polarity. Otherwise, I think it is first rate FTA box.

:)

Brent

Wow, this sonicview is really goofy as far as a motor is concerned. The hybrid usals just started working to find all sat positions:confused: I think If I decide that I will utilize the motor alot, I will get a traxis

I got a Mercury II for my dad for fathers day. I thought it was kind of awkward compared to the sonicview. But I guess once you are use to things a certain way it is hard to accept change. I will most likely limp by with the sonicview and wait and see if anything comes out that will do DVB-S2;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)