Sony Announces Curved-Screen 4K TVs

I can see this sitting at a specific point in relation to the screen.

For everyone else, the picture should be distorted. Or is rather on the ones I've seen.

I still think curved screens are just a marketing gimmick. For front projectors they serve a purpose correcting the lens curvature artifacts, which is why theaters use them.

When I went to Best Buy to look at the Samsung curved or flat to make up my mind which, ESPN was on and looked strange on the curve. The ticker was running and the curve look like it had a running wave.
Didn't take long to choose the 8550. (Flat)

Those were released last year for Eu and Asia. They were hoping for an announcement at CEDIA, but no US announcement was ever made. The sets introduced this year at CES were also flat. So doubtful.

S~

I'm curious, why do you want the curved set? I still can't find a good application for them in the home. Seems like only 1 or 2 seats in the room are going to be good.

I'm curious, why do you want the curved set? I still can't find a good application for them in the home. Seems like only 1 or 2 seats in the room are going to be good.
I saw the Samsung ones at Best Buy and looking at them at an angle doesn't really bother me. I really like the emersion. Add 3D on top of that and that would be excellent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)