Sony BDP-S790

One thing I like is the 3D button automatically switches it to 2D/3D Conversion mode without any menu navigation like the Panasonics. I give a slight edge to the Panasonic for 2D->3D conversion.

S~

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a lot faster internet connection speeds than with the Panasonics.

S~

It does. I'm hoping this is helped when I get the new modem in. The 790 is def a better streamer, not decided on the player side of it yet.

Well, I've temporarily moved the 320 back downstairs with the Sharp. I'm going to compare the 3D carefully between the two. The winner will stay.

S~

What did you decide?

A certain reviewer at AVS and other places, prefers the 790 as of his latest statement, but he's kinda been called out for his recviewing methods. IMO, if you are going to be a reviewer, when it comes to things like AQ and PQ, it needs to be compared to reference, not how sharp or vivid you can make one with the internal image "enhancements". But hey, to each their own.

My opinion on the 790 and 500 is that in the proper modes and with things turned off, for 2D they should be close if not mostly the same. My preference in the Panasonic over the Sony is aesthetics. For what it costs, I dont like the look of the Sony and I hated the menu as well.

It keeps moving. It's back downstairs because I wanted to stream something off of Amazon with 5.1. I like it over the 320 for streaming, but I prefer the 320 for BD/DVD playback, especially 3D and 3D conversion. I hate the Sony interface. Hate it on my TV, too.

S~

Supposedly the Amazon 5.1 issue has been fixed. I'll try it out later.

S~

Edit: Yeap. Definitely works again.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts