Sony KDF-60wf655

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
Mine will be three years old in December. I have turned the brightness up to max and the picture still looks a little dark. The lamp indicator light is not lit. Could it still be in need of a new lamp? I think the "estimated" life of the lamp was about 2000 hours, which has surly been exceeded.

It is a good possibility that the lamp is going bad. The lamp light will not light until it is completely out. Although with all projection sets, there is a mirror or a mylar sheet that acts as a mirror. If your set is in an area where dust is active, (fireplace, open windows, etc.) the mirror could need cleaning. I am still using a lamp that is almost 4 years old and the set is usually on 5 - 10 hours a day.

Thanks for the input. The lamp is now totally gone and the indicator light came on. I have a replacement ordered. By the way, pricing of the lamps is interesting. They are about $200 from many sources on the internet. The local "authorized Sony" dealer wants $290. I ordered from a place in Connecticut that appears to reputable for $145. (Electrified.com)

where do i find these

It is a good possibility that the lamp is going bad. The lamp light will not light until it is completely out. Although with all projection sets, there is a mirror or a mylar sheet that acts as a mirror. If your set is in an area where dust is active, (fireplace, open windows, etc.) the mirror could need cleaning. I am still using a lamp that is almost 4 years old and the set is usually on 5 - 10 hours a day.

I'm having the same problem with my Sony, can you tell me where to find the mylar sheet and the lamp and how to clean the mylar sheet and replace the lamp?
Thank you so much,

:)

Sony Outs Seven LED 3DTVs At Once

Panasonic 3D FAQ Page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)