Sony not betting the farm on BD now. Offer xbox style video market place.

WOW, those are some killer titles!:rolleyes:

Look, I just get tired of bozos jacking Sony up for doing nothing more then what M$ is doing with XBOXLive. They are both playing leapfrog to find ways to make money off their online services. Providing a service for pay does not immediately bring clouds of doom to Sony and the PS3.

The bottom line is that the PS3 is a very solid media box when you purchase it and you do not have to add extras to be able to do anything with it. The online service is coming around and is starting to add features that consumers will use just like XBOXLIVE. Just because you can download feature movies - even in HD - does not mean that BD has become less viable or -- OH MY -- taken the back seat.

And everyone is right, the gist of this entire post should be in the video section as it has absolutely nothing to do with BD--of that I can agree

WOW, those are some killer titles!:rolleyes:

Look, I just get tired of bozos jacking Sony up for doing nothing more then what M$ is doing with XBOXLive. They are both playing leapfrog to find ways to make money off their online services. Providing a service for pay does not immediately bring clouds of doom to Sony and the PS3.

The bottom line is that the PS3 is a very solid media box when you purchase it and you do not have to add extras to be able to do anything with it. The online service is coming around and is starting to add features that consumers will use just like XBOXLIVE. Just because you can download feature movies - even in HD - does not mean that BD has become less viable or -- OH MY -- taken the back seat.

And everyone is right, the gist of this entire post should be in the video section as it has absolutely nothing to do with BD--of that I can agree

But I wasn't saying anything negative. Read the posts again. What I was saying is that Sony had dropped the whole "Downloads will never work" attitude and giving credence to Live Video Marketplace.

You and Ice interpreted it as a Bash Sony Thread.