Not open for further replies.

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
Sony owes me $14,000

ps3s.jpg

I told my wife the only way I'll get a PS3 is if Blu-Ray wins the format war.

I think it's overpriced honestly.

Ha Ha!

Yeah, isn't that funny. I was in Best Buy last week and they had skid with 3x that amount of PS3s. With only about 3 or so must have titles between now and the holiday season, expect those units to sit there for awhile.

Personally I'm waiting for a price drop or a retailer offering some type of incentive, like a $100 gift card w/your purchase.

I was in a BB two weeks ago and they had to open up a steel cage (literally) to sell a PS3 to a fellow and his daughter. I was in a BB last weekend and they had a pallet of about 12 sitting out in the middle of an aisle.

I guess that's what happen in the lull between launch/production ramp-up and the first wave of must-have software, huh?

I myself am waiting until June...hope that Lair and a couple of other upcoming games are truly worth it then. As well as some real must-have Blu-ray titles.

If not, I may be waiting until Christmas...

But I don't think its overpriced. Its full of fantastic features/hardware capabilities. I just think the killer apps to run on it aren't out there yet.

Need better driving games (Gran Turismo 5 - end of 2007, Formula One Feb 2007), and an official support for a steering wheel with feedback support. The only reason I did not get one is because my logitech driving force pro wheel simply did not work with my friends PS3 - even when using old PS2 game like Gran Turismo 4. Untill the wheel works (firmware upgrade), or until they release an officially supported steering wheel for PS3, I'm considering getting XBOX 360 instead and their force feedback wheel when the Forza Racing comes out for the 360 in May 2007.

Hard to believe that not long ago these things were going like mad and could not be found. Then the Wii came out.

In all fairness, I would have purchased a Wii if it weren't for the BD player because of my five year daughter. Besides getting past the hand-and-eye issues of dealing with the controller, the current games are not very kid friendly. The Wii can be enjoyed by grandma and the grandkids.

I find it hilarious people still can't digest it's arrogantly overpriced, the fact the only reason it fell behind 360 in sales already is the price.

No, it's not worth the price, regardless of Blu-Ray and a (currently fairly useless) gaming console functionality.
And no, it's not full of "fantastic features/hardware capabilities" (sic!:D).

It's a machine that is supposed to compete against an equally if not more powerful, similarly HD-enabled competitor with halved entry pricetag or ~$100-200 cheaper (w/ HD-DVD), sporting tons of games.

Usual Sony arrogance, nothing else - they will screw it, screw it, screw it so far they won't have any chance but to bite their own sh*t even deeper and lower the price. :D
Apart from the scandalous-pathetic late PS3 launch, postponed many times, remember what all these idiots did to Sony's other business: the Trinitron creator lost the entire TV business to others, they have been marginalized in home electronics - heck, the Walkman and Discman creator entirely missed the mp3/music player boat, thanks to their pigheaded arrogant stupidity!
And let's not forget the non plus ultra of arrogancy, the secret rootkit installer on Sony audio CDs which provoked worldwide outrage yet this Chief Retard Officer came back as "most people don't know what a rootkit is" - bang, congrat, retard, you just put another dozen of those nails into your own company's coffin...

Oh man, that will be a nice day when all these clowns at Sony will be booted by the shareholders after Sony shares crashed... :D

Same story everywhere I have been. PS3's for everyone to have but nobody wants them.

Some of us are little more "expressive" than others.

Last edited:
Guys, if you have an issue with a particular person please do so with Private Messaging.

Thank you

Was in Frys today at lunch. They had an entire pallet of PS3 - 60GB. Maybe 50 or so, just sitting out on the floor.

I would think this is putting some downward price pressure on BluRay disk players.

Sony is going to have to do a price cut on the PS3 me thinks.

Yep. But probably not until after the initial sales hump is over in Europe and Australia, and after the new games are released in March. Then if sales don't pick up, maybe we'll have a nice cut in the summer. Might be hard then to NOT buy one as a BD player. I'm no gamer, but a game machine that will play BD for half the price of a dedicated player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)