Sony Releases FMP-X10 4K Media Player for Pre-Orders

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The FMP-X10 will retail for $699 and is available now for pre-ordering online. It officially becomes available July 15, but customers who pre-order the player between now and July 15 will save $200. It can be ordered at store.sony.com as well as at Sony stores and other authorized dealers nationwide.

tvtechnology.com

store.sony.com

The main weakness I see is that it only has 1TB of disk space... Enough for 20 movies it says.

If it used regular HDMI 2.0 and was not locked to Sony only I would consider it.

The good thing about this player for last years 4k model, it will stream Netflix 4k content.

I wish they would do something like this for regular 1080p stuff too. I'd love to have a box that would download blu-ray quality file size and lossless audio. Kaleidoscope can do it but I'm not spending thousands of dollars for setup, it is ridiculous.

I wish they would do something like this for regular 1080p stuff too. I'd love to have a box that would download blu-ray quality file size and lossless audio. Kaleidoscope can do it but I'm not spending thousands of dollars for setup, it is ridiculous.

You can always rip your BDs to a file server...

$499! Not a bad price! I just wish this thing worked with non-Sony TV sets!

If anyone's getting this, get it now. Sony and BB are back up to MSRP. Amazon still has it listed for $498. I ordered one.

S~

Got mine from Amazon this morning. Has the NF 4K app. worked great. Took about 30 seconds to ramp up to 2160p. None of my movies from my X1 are viewable on the X10. I'll have to call them tomorrow :rolleyes:

S~

The FMP-X10 is now compatible with sets from other manufacturers that have HDMI 2.0 and are HDCP 2.2 compliant.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)