Sony to launch 4K streaming service on April 4, presents yet more Ultra HD competition for pay-TV

Nice idea but I don't want yet another streaming service I'll never use. I want a kick ass UHD-BD player from Sony although not the cheap pieces of plastic they put out now.

Well. It's live. $30 is the going rate for UHD titles across services. Concussion UV code redeemed in UHD w/HDR. What's nice about this service over their last Video Unlimited 4K service is your UHD library is also linked.

S~

This really isn't for someone who wants to watch a movie once and move on like the typical streaming service. This is Sony acknowledging Blu-ray players may never be big sellers. Being linked to UV services such as VUDU might make the $30 worth it to those who watch movies more than once and particularly who do so on Tablets or mobile devices. (With Android easily sent to the TV to watch)
I have always prefered discs to streaming but I'm done needing to buy a new player every two or three years to play the latest technology. So I won't buy a 4K player and I will stream instead. If reasonably priced to save as UV I'll buy it as streaming, otherwise I will just stream it.

Probably plausible for deep pocket early adapters and not much beyond that IMO>>> if we are talking about the new UHD Sony movie service and NOT the new Sony general IPTV SD/HDTVsubs and maybe some 4K service which looks like a plausible and half price alternative to what the ~100+ - 200+ channel CATV /DBS provider tiers have if you have data cap free and adequate broadband.

I bought a Sony 43" 4K UHD set yesterday but it will be a cold day in hell when I pay $30 to watch a UHD movie on it.

I hear ya there bro ....( I wont even pay $20.00 ) unless its a 5 star blue ray I gotta have and that ain't many .......I have a 2015 Sony 4K XBR X850C and a very decent Sony 2013 1080p and can get my 4K and 4K HDR fixes from 4K You Tube , all my free 4K/4K HDR downloads and factory demos on the dedicated to the TV HDD's and Neflix and Amazon Prime included a whole lot cheaper than a few movies like that and half the time i konk out late at night on a boring movie and that covers most of them these days anyway . How you liking the new Sony? ...

I've been paying the usual Sony tax since 1994 without any regrets on LCD there is color TV and there is Sony color .......if you know what I mean ?

^^^^^^^^ if you know ,you know ,if you don't ,you don't ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)