Sound byte on forum on welcome page

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimmiKat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
At a computer.
Can something be done about the "intro" that's spoken when you hit the welcome page of this forum? It is annoying, especially when you don't expect it or in an office environment.

Anyway it will annoy some people that will visit here. Reminds me of the early days of the web when people would put everything on their new fangled webpage. At least in FireFox I can block it, which I just did.

Scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it! Was alone, in semi-darkness and this voice sez "Hello"... nearly jumped out of my skin! :D

Scared me last night too, I forgot about it being there. :D

We will be using it next week to report from the CES Press confrences in Vegas. We will be the first to break all the news from the press event's and we will do it by using the Talking head and also some other technologies which will make us stand out from the rest. :D

Would it be easier to add a link to the sound clip instead? It scared the person in the next cubicle! It would be less annoying.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Scared me last night too, I forgot about it being there. :D

We will be using it next week to report from the CES Press confrences in Vegas. We will be the first to break all the news from the press event's and we will do it by using the Talking head and also some other technologies which will make us stand out from the rest. :D

KimmiKat said:
Would it be easier to add a link to the sound clip instead? It scared the person in the next cubicle! It would be less annoying.

I have not found any way to do it, this is the only way I have found which lets me dial into the server via cell phone and update everything in realtime. (including changing the message) This is how I am able to post news from the press confrences as they are happening. :)

Netiquette

Scott, with all due respect, I would love to see this feature implemented more politely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts