KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Tonight on Satellite Nation we will have a guest host. Joe from FridgeFTA will once again join us, but this time to co-host. Dave is on vacation and we don't know how reliable his connection will be to get in, so we will have Joe again.

I will also do a review on the new Amiko Nano receiver. This may not be a full review, depending on how much time today I get to play with it. I should though however be able to put it through its paces.

Also we will not be on SatelliteGuys Radio, as Dave has had a hard drive failure and will not get it fixed until he is back from vacation. So I hope you still tune in at http://tobtr.com/s/5295069. I apologize for it not being on Satguys Radio in advance.

So be sure to still call in! As I said Joe will be a host tonight more than a guest so call in to pick his brain about anything Satellite related.

Call in Numbers are 1-877-SAT-GUYS or 347-327-9319.

Hope to hear you there!!

I made a test call today and it seemed ok. However on a boat if bad weather is around it's gone. I'm think I will be on from 8 to 8:30 it's steak and lobster night and this fat boy love's lobster.

Last edited:
Allow me to recap.. :D

Basically Dave's gear goes kaput and instead of fixing it, he haul ass'es it on vacation (and brags about his lobster dinner no less) while essentially leaving the show in shambles..... Say it ain't so Dave!
Cheers, K

Kraven said:
Allow me to recap.. :D

Basically Dave's gear goes kaput and instead of fixing it, he haul ass'es it on vacation (and brags about his lobster dinner no less) while essentially leaving the show in shambles..... Say it ain't so Dave!
Cheers, K

Lol, not exactly I had just bought an Internet package and then the Mac locked up and I starting hear the click and I was like dam it. I was still logged in and had to call the front desk to log me out since its a rip job on Internet. (.65 cents a minute)

My MacBook at its finest this will be the third hard drive I have to replace in this POS.

Attachments

• image-999375732.jpg
    image-999375732.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 141
Maybe you would be better off trying an SSD this time? If you are on the go with the Macbook a lot then maybe the hard drive is having a hard time taking the vibrations? SSD is not susceptible to that.

Kraven said:
(and brags about his lobster dinner no less) K

I thought I would show a picture in case I died from the stuffing. I lost count at 6 they just keep on coming.

Attachments

• image-1958402355.jpg
    image-1958402355.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 147
Hey guys!

I didn't realize I had a Satellite Guys account. This is one of my older laptops and on arrival Firefox had a username and PW stored for me. :)

I had a bunch of fun tonight with Michael and was happy to hear from Dave that he wasn't stuck on the SS Minnow for a three hour tour. It was an honor to fill in for Dave but I certainly didn't fill his shoes.

If you guys didn't listen to the show live, we had a couple of great call in guests talking about dish farming, FTA broadcast stuff, THIS TV and some other things. One call in guest is quite rare in FTA....SHE has a personal dish farm with over 30 dishes and is also a broadcast professional!

Only Two posts Joe. Don't be shy now, you can post here all you want. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts