splitting legacy lnbs to 4 tuners.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hey guys , i had a sw64 that yestrday went kaput, water got into the power inverter. so now im just looking for a quick fix if available. i can settle with just the 119 sat , but i was wondering what i needed to split it so that my 625 and 622 receivers would get it , until i get a replacement switch.
thanks
JOse

well since im in the carribean im using dual legacy lnbs on a 6 ft dish. i was just wondering wether i could use some old directv switches that i ved had to split the one sat.

all4jo

Install a second dish... with DDP only to 622 and 625

Install a Quad LNB on the Legacy to handle the other 2 tuners

Run one cable each to 622 and 625 {done}

Run two cables each to other tuners from Quad LNB

If you dont have the equipment, then maybe check on the EBAY 4 another sw64.
Some satellite shops intown my have a older sw64.

I've used directv switchs before with D-Net, but if I remember the sw64 has a special power adaptor. Good Luck.

Just my 2 cents :eureka

well since im in the carribean im using dual legacy lnbs on a 6 ft dish. i was just wondering wether i could use some old directv switches that i ved had to split the one sat.

no....they work differently.

just run the 2 feeds from 119W to the 2 units you want to work until the replacement comes in by inserting barrell connectors where the old SW64 once was.

Remember to run a check switch after you do it as well.

Install a second dish... with DDP only to 622 and 625

I have no direct information concerning this location, but based on other posts on various forums, most need a larger dish than a 20" Dish 500 that far South and East - which most likely is why he is using legacy equipment.

If you have a legacy dual lnb just take off the 500 Y adaptor and put the dual lnb in place of it. connect both cables coming from the receiver and then do the ckeck swith test.

here is a pic two cables from recievers to lnb and quad setup.

Attachments

• dish 001.jpg
    dish 001.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 163
  • dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 178
no....they work differently.
WRONG...they will work in the OP's request..

all4jo

If you want all 4 tuners right now to see 119, if you have a DirecTv 3x4 multiswitch that would work.
Run both lines from the 119 LNB to the inputs on the multiswitch and you can hook 4 lines to it and rerun check switch

Yes you will only see 119 but it will get you going to be able to use both receivers

If you only want to use 1 receiver right now, just run both lines from the 119 LNB to the one receiver.

You can use a DirecTV 3x4 multiswitch for one satellite only if its legacy (which the OP says he has since he is using a SW64).

WRONG...they will work in the OP's request..

all4jo

If you want all 4 tuners right now to see 119, if you have a DirecTv 3x4 multiswitch that would work.
Run both lines from the 119 LNB to the inputs on the multiswitch and you can hook 4 lines to it and rerun check switch

Yes you will only see 119 but it will get you going to be able to use both receivers

If you only want to use 1 receiver right now, just run both lines from the 119 LNB to the one receiver.

You can use a DirecTV 3x4 multiswitch for one satellite only if its legacy (which the OP says he has since he is using a SW64).
If the OP wants to eliminate the SW64 two 3X4 multiswitches can be used one for 119 and one for 110 combine the outputs of the 3X4 switches using 4 SW21s it will work with out the SW64 for the 2 six foot dishes.

Hey BoBa, would it also work if i had one sw21 and i wanted one of the 4 tuners to also have access to 110? or would i need all 4 sw21's?
i ask because i have 2 3x4 switches and a sw21.
thanks

Since he has 625 and 622 receivers, he should just get:

- DishProPLUS LNB on ebay ~$20
- Two DishPro Separators on ebay ~$10 (look for the ones that come with two short RG6 cables)

If he doesn't need 110, then he can just put the DPP LNB so that one LNB is where the 119 LNB was. He might also get some sort of signal on 110, although the second LNB won't be in the right place if it is a 6 foot dish.

No switch needed

Hey BoBa, would it also work if i had one sw21 and i wanted one of the 4 tuners to also have access to 110? or would i need all 4 sw21's?
i ask because i have 2 3x4 switches and a sw21.
thanks

it might. Normally I'd say yes but with the dual tuners I dont know if both tuners have to match or not

On a Daily basis I had installed cascades with 3x4 and 4 sw 21(When people dont have a budget for a sw 44 or sw 64)and work without problems almost every time,Probably problems could surface if you run this setup on installations with more than 75 feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts