• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
I went to cancel the sports pack after the regular NFL season. They offered me 6 months @ 1/2 price. Is it worth it?

It depends upon whether you think you'll get anything out of it for $4.50 a month. Only you know your particular viewing habits.....

Not a bad deal if you like some extra college basketball games and depending where you live if you are outside big ten area or outside pack ten area you get those games/shows as well

I usually do the same thing - remove Multi Sports pack after NFL season. I took the 1/2 off deal for 6 months. The way I look at it, after the prices increase by $5 for me (I have AT250), my total bill with Multi Sport will only be 50 cents more than it was during the end of the NFL season. I agree with the extra college basketball games on all the various RSN's, but for me, it is the Pac 12 network. Being in Illinois, I can only get that with multi sport. Just wish it was in HD full time like Big 10 network is.

If you like Ncaa BB it would be worth the price.There will also be MLB coming up before ya know it.Half price ain't bad,the only reason I wouldn't do it is if they said you won't be eligible to do it when NFL starts again.

So, MLB Net, MLB StrikeZone, NFL Net, NFL Redzone, NHL Net, NBA TV, Fox Soccer, B10, P12, USN, etc are only included with Multi-Sport, and not normally in any AT package?
Yes, some are, but that isn't what you originally asked.

I'm just wondering what the Sports Pack has to do with the NFL season. Since no NFL games are on the RSN's.
Talking about Red Zone?

I'm just wondering what the Sports Pack has to do with the NFL season. Since no NFL games are on the RSN's.
Talking about Red Zone?

Yes, talking about Red Zone. I really like it during football season. I too went to cancel and got offered the half price deal.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I wish they'd add a second tier spots package to rein in the other sports channels.

Yes, some are, but that isn't what you originally asked.
Other than the add'l RSN's, aren't all of those channels in AT250, and most in AT200?

As such, it seems like, even at half-price, Multi-Sport pack is kind of a waste of money for many subs, even those into sports, as RSN games are blacked out, out of market, and they already receive the other channels if they have the proper core package.

I just wanted to point that out, as it could affect one's decision to add it.

Other than the add'l RSN's, aren't all of those channels in AT250, and most in AT200?

As such, it seems like, even at half-price, Multi-Sport pack is kind of a waste of money for many subs, even those into sports, as RSN games are blacked out, out of market, and they already receive the other channels if they have the proper core package.

I just wanted to point that out, as it could affect one's decision to add it.
I see your point, but I think about half of the channels are in the Sports Pack only. USN, Redzone, Strikezone aren't in any other package, and if you aren't in the region, then B10 and P12 aren't either. Add the additional RSNs and I can see where half-price is a reasonable price to pay for some people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)