Sports tickers on TV channels

ESPN needs to do more sports and fewer sit down comics. They really do not need Stone Temple Pilots or any other "musicians". If I want music I'll watch MTV. Fox also needs to lose the dancing robots, especially on their NFL telecasts. My not so humble opinion only.

I agree with all of that, except, I didn't know that espn hired musicians.

I agree with all of that, except, I didn't know that espn hired musicians.
I don't think they hire musicians, but they sure play their awful music at high volume. By the way so does CNN. One of their morning anchors even complained about it. I think I am just too old and set in my ways, but I may as well enjoy a rant now and then! :rant:

How do you guys like the ScoreGuide that D* uses ?
I think it works well, except you need to be on a Sports channel to view it, I think it should be tied to a button regardless ....

Sometimes its kinda screwy, I woke up the other morning and turned on the TV. somewhere around 6:30 am, used the guide to see if the Tigers had won the night before and the guide had already changed to the next days games.
Same as it is right now at 7:15, todays games are up already, however the NBA part is not, it still shows yesterdays scores.

How do you guys like the ScoreGuide that D* uses ?
I think it works well, except you need to be on a Sports channel to view it, I think it should be tied to a button regardless ....

Sometimes its kinda screwy, I woke up the other morning and turned on the TV. somewhere around 6:30 am, used the guide to see if the Tigers had won the night before and the guide had already changed to the next days games.
Same as it is right now at 7:15, todays games are up already, however the NBA part is not, it still shows yesterdays scores.

I will take the DirecTV guide over a ticker any day. You can access it whenever you want (like during a stoppage in play) and make it go away with the touch of a button.

I agree I would like to be able to access it on 'non sports channels' that have sports on at the time (TNT and the networks), and I also noticed once when it was not updated properly. But that's once in the thousands of times I've accessed it.

Sandra

My biggest pet peeve with the tickers is when I'm recording a game while watching another live. It doesn't happen too often, but I've had to become pretty good at ignoring the ticker and not looking at the bottom of the screen to avoid knowing what's going on in the other game...

My biggest pet peeve with the tickers is when I'm recording a game while watching another live. It doesn't happen too often, but I've had to become pretty good at ignoring the ticker and not looking at the bottom of the screen to avoid knowing what's going on in the other game...

or worse...I dont know if this happens with a US based sat provider but on my Starchoice (Shaw Direct) Canadian system they sometimes tape delay programming. With now TSN2 that is most of the time a 3 hour delay (for west coast folks) its not as bad but what sucks is you turn on TSN2 to see the delayed programming and at the bottom of the scroll they show the final of the game you're watching.
Why isnt the scroll delayed 3 hours like the programming?

Is anyone else bothered by the tickers that have become standard on the bottom of the screen of all sports networks? I consider it to be wasted space that covers valuable real estate on the screen. I didn't mind when ESPN used to cycle through the scores 2-3 times per hour, but now it is a constant ticker. I'm sure a lot of people think it is convenient to see the other scores at any time, so maybe I'm in the minority, but I miss the days of an uncluttered screen. It is made even worse when there is a banner at the top of the screen for the current game and another one at the bottom for other scores. I wonder if there is any technology on the horizon that would allow networks to broadcast an "on demand" ticker that could be turned on or off based on user preferences, or do I just have to learn to live with more and more graphics on my screen?

When not near a computer, to me, the crawls are an invaluable tool.

Hey D*,
Want to make the ScoreGuide even better ?

Seeing you can bring it up at and time and also minimize it as well.
How about adding a previous DAY button so that you can get yesterday's ball scores at 7 am the next day as well as the current day's schedule.

Pretty silly that you cannot check last nights games when you are up in the AM.

Also adjust the software so that it actually comes up whenever you hit the red button (or change it to a dedicatd button, so you don't need to be on a Sports channel to access it)

While your tweaking the software, make a setting so we can turn the function ON and OFF for those that don't want it popping up on them.

Gatorade Replay

Ernie Harwell passes away at 92

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts