SportsNet New York, Now Available!

Look Dish does not have a problem negotiating for a Dolan owned channel (MSG or FSNY) just look at the Cleevland channel as an example. It is also owned by the Dolan's and Dish successful negotiated for the channel.

I tend to believe there is more to this matter than the price.

Scottie318 said:
I'm not too familiar with the pricing schemes for these RSNs but I assume SNY and YES are probably the two most expensive. Perhaps, someone could shed some light on this.

It's not that sinister. It would be if there weren't a very high multiple of more EYEBALLS looking at these RSN's. YES is by far the highest rated RSN nationally. I believe NESN is second.

JerseyGuy said:
Simple www.hotspotvpn.com . Its supposed to be for to increase security at hotspots by routing your surfing thru their VPN (virtual Private Network). So when MLB.TV traces your IP, it shows up as if your in Los Angeles (guess I'm still blocked out of any Dodgers/Mets games) It cost $8.88 a month. I'll find out if it works tommorow, when spring training is over.
I think it may not work..they may just go by the address and zip code of the credit card you paid with..good luck

TNGTony said:
Not everyone cares about baseball or sports in general. :)

See ya
Tony
Agreed, but from anecdotal evidence (sightings of E* and D* dishes on rooftops) the vast majority of subs would rather have D* (with Yankees and Mets) than E* (without Yankees and Mets for about the same price). E* has to be getting killed in NYC and area - the only advantage I can see for Dish is the International subs and low-margin AT60 customers.

Lucky said:
Yes, I have Cablevision. I was at the game yesterday so I didn't see it, but I heard from many others that the Met game was in HD on channel 730. They said the PQ was excellent.

Just a short recap-- the game was on CV channel 730. The pre-game show both in the stadium and Studio were in HD! The Post-Game show both in the studio and in the stadium were HD as well. The highlights were also in HD during the post game show.

The Good

The PQ on CV was excellent. Even better than what I saw on YES HD on DirecTv. All the graphics were HD as opposed to YES HD which inserts the SD graphic for the line up and the defense. Also, the highlights which Yes HD does in SD were in HD which it is a big plus!

The Bad

Video problem during third inning and sound problem as well. They apologized for the problem during the game. There were constant sound problems during the game but I take it and I am sure they will get better. The METS rapid graphics looked with artifact something which we have seen on the WPIX-HD games OTA as well. After the video problem was resolved there were a few instances of artifact during a fast action video such as player running. There were not a whole lot of these and it seemed to be concentrated with one particular camera.

Overall the production of the game could have been better but it was great to see the Mets moving to HD right from the beginning of their new Network.

One thing about DirecTv is that you never know what you going to get with them. Their press release stated "selected games" and of course DirecTv has the bad habit of having outdated list of the HD games. This was a constant problem with MLB EI games last year and also with the Yankees HD games. There were a few games that were not transmitted and there were a few games in which the channel was changed without any notice. So in the end DirecTv needs to do a better job of informing customers which games are the "selected" games and also provide a list of which channel the game will be on and if they decide to change the channel, let customers know. I was very frustrated last year with the Yankees HD games on DirecTv. Hope you guys with DirecTv have more luck.

dishcomm said:
I think it may not work..they may just go by the address and zip code of the credit card you paid with..good luck

It worked, I watched yesterdays game on MASN via MLB.TV

JerseyGuy said:
If we want Sportsnet then we have to email or call the Charlie Chat in numbers so they know that people actually care and that were not already at DirecTV or Cable

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customercare/charlie_chat

Maybe it won't do any good but it only takes a second to email, and it might do some good.

i recently retired. I was now able to watch the mets games and know there not being played. this isn't fare. i pay dish alot of money. they must not care about their customers. I sent charlie a letter about me concerns,

Last edited:
JerseyGuy said:
It worked, I watched yesterdays game on MASN via MLB.TV

Hmmmm. Cingular just gave me two $50 debit cards as rebates for some new cell phones. Maybe I'll try that solution........

Just got a reply from the CEO mailbox that they "are still in active ongoing negotiations with SNY" and that "was the only update they are able to provide".

SNY on E* is a LOST CAUSE. I would not be surprised if it disappears in the uplink activity this week or next. If you want SNY, YES, and the other two RSNs, give DirecTV a call.

They could offer the channel if the service were provided by a reseller in the NY area. SBC (now AT&T) is reselling Dish service in the LA area. They might be able to work out a deal so that NY area subs can only subscribe through the subsidiary. They would be the only ones who would bear the extra costs of the NY area RSNs. Of course those who are national Dish customers would still not be able to have those RSNs as part of a total sports package.

psumattDE said:
Just got a reply from the CEO mailbox that they "are still in active ongoing negotiations with SNY" and that "was the only update they are able to provide".

I recently emailed them and I am still waiting for the reply....probably going to get the same generic one you got. I called Dish and the Indian dude who picked up the phone put a request for me for SNY. I'm on the "SNY request list" similar to the “YES network request list” they put me on almost five years ago when I called them regarding YES…still foolishly waiting for that request to come true...However I will not wait years for SNY… :mad:

Dish is frustrating the hell out of me. If they fail to get a deal done with another new NY rsn then I am gone....

As someone who lives in cleveland, I should tell you guys who think SNY on E* would be crescent fresh that I've had STO on since 1:30pm (When the pre-show was supposed to start) and i've been staring at the "Dish Network Season Ticket" logo ever since. Game was supposed to start at 2:05 and it's now 2:10. I can only assume this is a technical problem though I don't care enough to find out.

I'm not really an indians fan but wanted to tune in for the start of the channel to see what's going on. So much for that, maybe the replay tonight will work...

As for why they won't add SNY, I think you guys have it pretty well hit on the head. It's not really available nationwide right? They're not heavily subscribed in NY, and nobody cares about the Mets nationally (If they made the series, the only way anyone would care was if the yankees made it as well...), it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to cave in to their demands...

I wish we were at the stage where everyone had the choice in whatever sports channel they wanted, pay for whatever f**k channel you want, but we're not. You SHOULD be able to pay (example) for the mets channel, the jets channel, and if you wanted, the colorado avalanche channel. But that's just not how it works. You're stuck watching what they give you because we can't mount up enough of a "We're SICK OF THIS" effort against these guys to make any kind of impact. All we can ever do is email and hope someone doesn't send back a canned response.

2:14, still nothing...oh snap, I changed the channel and then went right back and the game is in the middle of the 1st inning, wtf is that. Right in time for an error by the indians...So, the Channel doesn't automatically update itself? This whole post is obsolete now basically...

Purogamer said:
As someone who lives in cleveland, I should tell you guys who think SNY on E* would be crescent fresh that I've had STO on since 1:30pm (When the pre-show was supposed to start) and i've been staring at the "Dish Network Season Ticket" logo ever since. Game was supposed to start at 2:05 and it's now 2:10. I can only assume this is a technical problem though I don't care enough to find out.

I'm not really an indians fan but wanted to tune in for the start of the channel to see what's going on. So much for that, maybe the replay tonight will work...

As for why they won't add SNY, I think you guys have it pretty well hit on the head. It's not really available nationwide right? They're not heavily subscribed in NY, and nobody cares about the Mets nationally (If they made the series, the only way anyone would care was if the yankees made it as well...), it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to cave in to their demands...

I wish we were at the stage where everyone had the choice in whatever sports channel they wanted, pay for whatever f**k channel you want, but we're not. You SHOULD be able to pay (example) for the mets channel, the jets channel, and if you wanted, the colorado avalanche channel. But that's just not how it works. You're stuck watching what they give you because we can't mount up enough of a "We're SICK OF THIS" effort against these guys to make any kind of impact. All we can ever do is email and hope someone doesn't send back a canned response.

2:14, still nothing...oh snap, I changed the channel and then went right back and the game is in the middle of the 1st inning, wtf is that. Right in time for an error by the indians...So, the Channel doesn't automatically update itself? This whole post is obsolete now basically...

They turn it on by switching PIDs and some of the receivers just don't notice it. :(
It is certainly blacked out here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts