Spotty Reception with the Sony XDR-F1HD

slider9499

Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
nyc
I got this unit last week and it is pretty cool. Never have used an HD radio before and I do have a few quick questions for the group...

The radio is in my bathroom and the room is an exterior room with the window facing East. I placed the dipole antenna high on the wall in the suggested T shape.

I live in Western Suffolk County, NY on the South shore and can pull in about 12 HD stations in total, the remaining preset slots are for standard FM stations and two AM stations that sound AMAZING.

My problem is twofold:

1. The reception on the HD stations that I do receive goes in and out. Every few minutes I lose the signal then it comes back. Certain HD stations are better but I would say about 75% of the HD stations have this problem.

2. I've read where people pick up HD stations from as far away as 175 miles. Why then am I having trouble getting steady, solid reception and not being able to pull HD stations that are within a 25-50 mile radius of my home?

Thanks,

slider

First of all, I think 175 miles is a pipe dream, you're unlikely to get even regular FM signals from that far away except during extraordinary conditions.

But you can usually improve your reception with an outdoor antenna .

1 "AM / FM / HD Radio Outdoor Antenna (Model AFHD-4) "Probably the Best Ever AM/FM Antenna for Every Home Theater Receiver"."
$149.99

Sold by: The Decibel Depot. This is best!!!!!!!!!! i have one in my attic and pull in stations 60 miles away,buy it and you won't regret it, but make sure you use rg-6 Quad and nothing Else or you will lose signal,do not use the rg-6 reg cable that comes with ant,it does a nice job with am hd also!
:D

Virtual Reality comes alive

Vista SP 2 Be Out Next Month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)