Sprint Canceling my account

memory

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
working usually
I have been with sprint since 98 and have always been one of there VIP accounts and I have the everything plan times 3 so I pay them over 300 a month and I got a letter today saying that my roaming min are to much violating there plan??? Thats why I have the 99 everything plan cause it says unlimited roaming, and I told this to the rep when that plan first came out and she said I could roam all I wanted no big deal and I do alot of roaming with my job and all hmmmm just aggrevating I guess so I guess verizon here I come

I thought with some of those plans if a large percentage of your minutes were roaming for a few months in a row they can drop you

I've seen that in the "fine print" when I changed to a plan recently

OP<
Might want to check Verizon CLOSELY before you jump ship and find the same issues.
I agree, the OP will need to read the plan carefully to ensure it meets his needs. Of course, since he is being tossed overboard by Sprint I don't see where he has much choice...however, he may consider changing use habits. I find it hard it odd that Sprint wouldn't send out a warning letter.

well if a lot of his roaming is in Verizon he may have to move there

When I was at my uncles for a week Sprint does work there but it is very spotty. I forced it to roam and it picked up Verizon's 800mhz digital network and it worked fine for that week

Yep, Verizon has a much better network so he may not have these roaming issues.

depends on location

Where I was it use to be Cellular 2000 which had a heckuva coverage area in Northern MN....Verizon bought them out so they added the coverage that they were really lacking there

OP<
Might want to check Verizon CLOSELY before you jump ship and find the same issues.

I travel around alot and I have checked out verizon and att and us celluar and tmobil and the coverage maps look the best on verizon so I think thats the way I should go I really liked my sprint but I dont have that option now ohhhh well unless any other ideas

depends on location

Where I was it use to be Cellular 2000 which had a heckuva coverage area in Northern MN....Verizon bought them out so they added the coverage that they were really lacking there

I live in southern MO and verizon has bought the alltel network here so they have great coverage here

The sprint roaming clause is a great way to get out of their contract with not ETF too. Sucks though for the OP, many people are the same and it seems like sprint would at least offer a warning letter notice once.

Given that he was roaming all the time with sprint, probably means he was on VZ's network. So, VZ probably has better coverage in the areas he uses the phone.

I have had sprint in the past for better than 5 years and have been with Verizon for the last 4. Verizon's network has been 100% more reliable than sprint. Plus since I have relatives in Canada and travel there frequently, their National Plan plus Canada is awesome. I can make a call in the U.S. or Canada and have no roaming or international long distances charges at all. Just my monthly service plan.

I'm positive that VZW has the same clause. I recall reading the same type story and I'm positive it was a VZW customer, but he/she roamed "too much" in Canada.

VZW and Alltell's systems have not been fully integrated yet.
There are areas here where Alltell custys have covergage and my VZW phione does not..
Once these two systems become fully merged, VZW will have the best coverage of any provider.
Note....I would not engage with Sprint as a customer if it was free. Sprint's coverage is at best mediocre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)