Sprint HTC Evo 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprint | Premier

They changed it this year, it used to be any Premier subscriber could get 1 year upgrades, now it’s Gold Tier customer only. Next year will be 10 years since I signed up with Nextel. Sprint counts that as my official start date with them, even though it was premerger. As of next year I'll be in the Gold level of service regardless of whatever else I have, which means new yearly upgrades as long as they have this program in place.

That sucks what they did to the program. It was much nicer with just the single tier. They made it much harder to reach gold level by your plan.

Do you understand the concept that Sprint lets you upgrade after a year?

You didn't say a YEAR.

Look, I get it. You are the most opinionated person I have seen in these forums in quite some time, in the sense that your viewpoint is ALWAYS right, and everybody else is stupid, moronic, and (I'll throw in for good measure), an idiot. You've never lost an argument.

Fine. You wonder why you are being "harassed" here - and its because you aren't interested in a discussion; you are solely motivated by promoting your view and your one or two brands, and saying everything else is horrible. Which as far as I can tell, is HTC, Sprint HP, and Sony. Everyone else sucks. Ok. Got it.

I posted on Thursday about the EVO 3D because I had the ability to try one at a Sprint booth at a conference; as a phone it seemed like one of many other Android phones. It was fine. But its gimmick feature struck me as useless, and plain silly. Yes, it can take 3D video and pictures, which as far I can tell, can only be viewed on THAT phone. Yes, it has 1080p video - which NO ONE needs on a 4" screen. I even asked the guy what it would cost me to switch to sprint (3 data plans, 3 unlimited texting), and the price was exactly the same as I have from Verizon. But a less reliable network, without the scope that VZW provides.

But if you are happy with it, all the power to you - as you will contribute to the economic recovery. Fine.

For me, I have a upgrade available on Verizon right now, and surprise, surprise, I will actually sit on it for six months, as my Droid X does everything I need. I paid $200 for it in November, using my kid's discount, and it is still perfectly fine. There are better ways I'd like to spend my disposable income.

msmith198025 said:
Im not speaking for others. Im stating fact.
Verizon and ATT have broader coverage than sprint and Tmobile. There may be areas where print picks up and one of the others dont, but the reverse is true in far more areas.

Sprint is like that here. My friends that have Sprint get 2 bars where with Verizon I get the full 5 bars.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Well Steve pays Sprint 275 a month. Which I think is way to much for wireless service. I pay Verizon 150 a month for 2 smartphones.

Im paying less than $120 for two unlimited plans with CS :D.
and have one other line with unlimited text and data plus 500 or 700 (I forget) talk time minutes for $49.

msmith198025 said:
and have one other line with unlimited text and data plus 500 or 700 (I forget) talk time minutes for $49.

I pay for 700 minutes with unlimited texting. I have more minutes than I need because most of my calling is mobile to mobile.

I pay $154 a month for 3 phones, 1400 minutes, unlimited texting, unlimited data. Nationwide roaming when out of network -- even worked in Wayne County, Mississippi (sort of! :) ) . Spring offered me $157 for the same.

And if you are paying $275 a month to Sprint, then by god, they better let you upgrade a couple times a year, and do a few other thngs as well. Pheww... that is serious money.

I pay for 700 minutes with unlimited texting. I have more minutes than I need because most of my calling is mobile to mobile.

The low minute plan is for my wife as she never uses the phone to talk.
I need the unlimited because I use on the low end over 1500 minutes a month, generally much higher. Most of it is business related though.

rockymtnhigh said:
I pay $154 a month for 3 phones, 1400 minutes, unlimited texting, unlimited data. Nationwide roaming when out of network -- even worked in Wayne County, Mississippi (sort of! :) ) . Spring offered me $157 for the same.

And if you are paying $275 a month to Sprint, then by god, they better let you upgrade a couple times a year, and do a few other thngs as well. Pheww... that is serious money.

Do you have a really good employee discount or something?

1400 shared minutes? or per phone?

msmith198025 said:

Now that is a good deal. It sucks that they get the newer phones last though.

So you have three phones that you pay about $170 for? With Sprint I have a three phone shared plan that includes unlimited everthing (text, data, calls to any mobile) but calls to landlines, of which I have 1500 minutes. And remember Sprint starts Unlimited Nights & Weekends at 7PM not the standard 9PM, it it might as well be Unlimited Calling. For that I pay $160. My plans with Sprint sounds like a better value.

Steve Mehs said:
So you have three phones that you pay about $170 for? With Sprint I have a three phone shared plan that includes unlimited everthing (text, data, calls to any mobile) but calls to landlines, of which I have 1500 minutes. And remember Sprint starts Unlimited Nights & Weekends at 7PM not the standard 9PM, it it might as well be Unlimited Calling. For that I pay $160. My plans with Sprint sounds like a better value.

What else do you pay for then that gets your bill so dang high?

I have a data card ($50) and now a tablet ($35) on my plan and add in about $10 in taxes and fees and it's about $260 give or take.

Steve Mehs said:
I have a data card ($50) and now a tablet ($35) on my plan and add in about $10 in taxes and fees and it's about $260 give or take.

So why exactly did you buy the Evo View if you hate 7 inch tablets?

isaacmorseMI said:
Do you have a really good employee discount or something?

A helluva promo last November and a very good state discount.

1400 min shared. Unlimited friends and family for ten non Verizon lines, and unlimited Verizon to Verizon calls. Never came close to 1400 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Our nights and weekends start at 7 as well, and our unlimited includes landlines. So while yours might as well be called unlimited, mine truly is.

As for the $49 plan, it is unlimited everything but landlines and the 500 minutes is for that.

All of this with no discounts. It is the basic plan that anyone can get.

To get what I have (according to the sprint website) it would cost upwards of 200 bucks with sprint. (I just checked it, not sure what of any discounts you have)
Plus, according to the sprint website, all of that unlimited stuff (messaging and data) is only unlimited on their own network.

Edit: The simply everything for three smartphones with sprint is showing me a total quoted price of $309 a month. The same plan with CS is $199 for three smartphones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

AT&T Leak: LTE Data Plans

Locked bootloader on HTC phones: No More!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts