SRL h2h_guide and h2h_tv guide ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
My guide is not loading on a dsr-922 after using 4 step alt procedure (w5-216 version) and hitting reset password to kick it in. with SRL i have H2H_guide active, but not H2H_tv guide (whatever the difference is) Has anyone been able to add this using websams ? it wont let me. tells me an unknown error has occurred and to call them but their lines are busy.

I followed the instructions off TvroPro website to the letter and it worked for me. Last night I finally got the guide info where as I couldn't before. Now, when i was in websams i highlighted my program package first, then went up to activate button clicked on it and then clicked re-hit and waited for 30 minutes and more. Also make sure you're on X4-ch216.

I followed the instructions off TvroPro website to the letter and it worked for me. Last night I finally got the guide info where as I couldn't before. Now, when i was in websams i highlighted my program package first, then went up to activate button clicked on it and then clicked re-hit and waited for 30 minutes and more. Also make sure you're on X4-ch216.

Maybe that's what the differences between the dsr-922 units and whether using the w5-216 or x4-216 alt procedures may be. From what I've been reading there is a difference in the firmware or something among the units depending on their manufacturing dates. I'll try it on x4-216, like you said, because It has been still trying to go to G1 for the guide, where someone said they were happy that it *wasn't* needing to go there anymore.

If your 922 is like most out there it should have EC. The 922's with that software have had no issues from what I heard. In theory they should all work if the proper C band X4 map was in there before the 4096 shutdown.

If your 922 is like most out there it should have EC. The 922's with that software have had no issues from what I heard. In theory they should all work if the proper C band X4 map was in there before the 4096 shutdown.
I just converted my GI 922 which had already been mapped with X4 & has the EC firmware. No issues at all & took hits within 3 minutes! The guide is slow loading but I expect that being it is a steady trickle down stream.
Note: the 905 that I converted on the 5th had AE firmware. This also had no issues when done.

From what I'm seeing the 4 step on my site is working good. I will get around to converting mine probably after the Showtime free weekend since the RC bit is hot in the 4096 CK. Plus I still am getting my subs from Dec, I need to wait it out till OC then do the conversion. That's the smartest move.

From what I'm seeing the 4 step on my site is working good. I will get around to converting mine probably after the Showtime free weekend since the RC bit is hot in the 4096 CK. Plus I still am getting my subs from Dec, I need to wait it out till OC then do the conversion. That's the smartest move.
Agreed.
I have another 922(Mot) that is still 4096 EMM. Either one may have even greater value as things change in the next month.

From what I'm seeing the 4 step on my site is working good.

Yes i used your site's instructions. Only problem is the guide. I wonder if i have too many channels or something in memory. Is it supposed to go to G1 to retrieve the guide when Im sitting on X4-216 ?

Yes i used your site's instructions. Only problem is the guide. I wonder if i have too many channels or something in memory. Is it supposed to go to G1 to retrieve the guide when Im sitting on X4-216 ?

The latest (revised) alternate procedure is now available at http://www.skyvision.com/pages/Alternate_letter.pdf (920/922). There is a procedure for the 905 also available from their home page.

It specifically says: "
If you have previously completed the alternate procedure and still could not get a re-hit, please repeat Step 5 and request another re-hit. "

You might give this a try.

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

Also, I've noticed that when I press the guide button when on any sat other than X4, my TV screen goes blank for a LONG time. I guess that's the way it works but I figured that once the guide is loaded it'll come up regardless of which sat you're on.

The latest (revised) alternate procedure is now available at http://www.skyvision.com/pages/Alternate_letter.pdf (920/922). There is a procedure for the 905 also available from their home page.

You might give this a try.

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

Do i need to be on a certain channel when I do a rehit in Websams ? didn't see it advised anywhere. Rehits still not working, though the trip counter oddly moved 1 point somehow since this morning, maybe from the password rehit i had to do to see my programming again.

That is how the 4DTV works when there is no satellite info in the guide for that satellite. The best thing to do is take a nap while it recovers. If you press any more keys it will just make that wait longer. I always hated that while on generics and hit the guide button by mistake.

Do i need to be on a certain channel when I do a rehit in Websams ? didn't see it advised anywhere. Rehits still not working, though the trip counter oddly moved 1 point somehow since this morning, maybe from the password rehit i had to do to see my programming again.

216 seems to work good for hits. In theory any channel should allow a hit but best to go with a winner like 216. Websams may be backed up. I believe demand on the computer is still high.

That is how the 4DTV works when there is no satellite info in the guide for that satellite. The best thing to do is take a nap while it recovers. If you press any more keys it will just make that wait longer. I always hated that while on generics and hit the guide button by mistake.

The "return to blah blah" channel or stay on G1 thing pops up before it can finish

Perhaps the "Move dish to G1" option needs to be disabled in order for the HITS guide to update properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)