Star Trak 6ft BUD is up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I found this BUD a few weeks back and finally located a pipe and a new LNBF for the dish. I just put it up tonight. I plan to point it as something this weekend. This will be my first adventure into C band.

It has a huge plastic cover/hood for the LNBF. Which of course had a live wasp building a nest in it. Is there any good reason to replace this? It is absurdly large for this 6 footer. I plan to leave it off while I setup the dish.

The dish has some small holes and rip in the mesh that I stitched back together with some wire. It is currently on a stationary mount, but the previous owner also had an Orbitron polar mount that he gave me (well everything cost me $20 cause he wanted to sell it as scrap) it doesn't fit the dish though. I'm hoping to modify the mount to eventually and use it.

Attachments

• image136.jpg
    image136.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 224
  • image137.jpg
    image137.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 212
  • image138.jpg
    image138.jpg
    907.9 KB · Views: 202
Looks good! With a stationary BUD, I suggest pointing it at Galaxy 14 at 99w. Some good stuff on that bird, enjoy!:)

I used to have two of those, I still do have one........I'm thinking I might still have a polar mount from the other one, or at least pieces of it. Whereabouts in Minnesota are you? I'm on the Ontario/Minnesota border.

I sent you a PM.

I used to have two of those, I still do have one........I'm thinking I might still have a polar mount from the other one, or at least pieces of it. Whereabouts in Minnesota are you? I'm on the Ontario/Minnesota border.

Nice looking dish Jullius, not bad for $20 I must say. I haven't used a feedhorn cover for 25 years. They make good places for critters like you've found out and they catch a lot of wind. I always figured they were mostly for advertising, at least in the early days the dish manufacturers always had their name stamped on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wiring for my actuator??

Powerball feed problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)