Star Trek: New Voyages -- AKA, "I can't believe it's not the real TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
**Apologies in advance; I wasn't sure which forum to put this under. :)**

Anyone else here damn impressed with the latest "Star Trek: New Voyages" episodes?

Star Trek: New Voyages Home Page

They can be streamed or downloaded from there. I recommend going in REVERSE order and watching the latest episode, "THE WORLD ENOUGH AND TIME" first, since it is by far the most polished.

The early episodes are very fannish, but the later episodes are pretty impressive.

I mean, although a few of the actors are less than optimal, overall they aren't bad. Their Kirk and Spock are both okay (even if you are convinced Spock's ears are going to fall off half the time). The guys who play Chekov and Sulu are particularly impressive (that's a joke, since Walter Koenig and George Takei play those roles... sort of--but the YOUNG actors playing those two ALSO do a damn impressive job).

And not only have Koenig and Takei put their time in on this, but also D.C. Fontana, David Gerrold, and Michael Reaves. That's some serious Trek talent. Majel Barrett even consented to do the voice of the computer in the newest episode (more than just the standard "WORKING" too), and she doesn't do that casually anymore, I think.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
If the acting was any good, I would LOVE these episodes. I just can't believe there aren't better actors looking for work! The guys who play McCoy and Scotty make me laugh out loud almost every time they show up. The first time I heard "scotty" I nearly passed an entire cheese sandwich though my nose I laughed so loud!

The stories, effects and sets are great for the budget. The lighting, acting (for the most part), shot blocking (cinematography) and sometimes the direction.... well... there's not another word for it .... SUCK! And I work for a public access facility! :)

See ya
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)