Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

It can only be a cliff hanger if it gets resolved in S2:E1. This seems very unlikely based on the Federation's attitude towards genetic modification along with Una's "sin of omission".
That is simply not true. Sometimes cliffhangers take several episodes to resolve, ie Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Lost, to mention a few.. Usually, the best cliffhangers take the longest to conclude.

It can only be a cliff hanger if it gets resolved in S2:E1. This seems very unlikely based on the Federation's attitude towards genetic modification along with Una's "sin of omission".
That is simply not true. Sometimes cliffhangers take several episodes to resolve, ie Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Lost, to mention a few.. Usually, the best cliffhangers take the longest to conclude.
Yep, the most famous, Who Shot J.R., was not solved till Episode 4 of Season 4.

It can only be a cliff hanger if it gets resolved in S2:E1.
Yeah, I disagree with that "E1" as well.
This seems very unlikely based on the Federation's attitude towards genetic modification along with Una's "sin of omission".
I disagree with that as well. If she didn't engineer herself, you could say that she's not responsible any more than any of us are responsible for our race, for example. If she grew up to engineer somebody else, then that's a "fact" not in evidence.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm sure they'll continue the Una storyline in S2. They wouldn't have put as much time into her character as they did (almost every episode) just to throw it away in S2...
I kept wondering if they were going to kill off the character since Rebecca Romijn name was listed last in the credits.

She does have a new show lined up, so maybe/maybe not she is leaving.

Storyline then-Kirk becomes First Officer before he become Captain of the USS Farragut, shows the beginning of Kirk and Spock’s friendship ( the usual TV storyline, hate each at first, then become best buds).

Yep, the most famous, Who Shot J.R., was not solved till Episode 4 of Season 4.
Given the modern season schedule, Episode 4 of a 26 week schedule is the middle of the second episode of a 10 week show.

To get her back will require a reversal of Federation policy towards Illyrians in general in addition to penalties associated with her failure to disclose her ineligibility for entrance into Starfleet Academy (of which she was aware).

Starnote: The Illyrians were residents of the east coast of Italy and the area across the Adriatic Sea from Italy (Illyria) in the late 8th - early 7th century BC.

Given the modern season schedule, Episode 4 of a 26 week schedule is the middle of the second episode of a 10 week show.

To get her back will require a reversal of Federation policy towards Illyrians in general in addition to penalties associated with her failure to disclose her ineligibility for entrance into Starfleet Academy (of which she was aware).

Starnote: The Illyrians were residents of the east coast of Italy and the area across the Adriatic Sea from Italy (Illyria) in the late 8th - early 7th century BC.
Whatever!:facepalm

Okay you call it what every you want. I will continue to call it a cliff hanger because you WILL have to wait to see what happens in Season 2 . It could be the start of a continuing story arc that runs more than one episode in the back ground. Like the Doctor's daughter in the buffer of the Transporter . There was more than one episode dealing with her story and the resolution of her character . Una's arrest and charges could very well set up a trial with Pike trying to defend her as a witness and or take the blame for letting her stay even though he knew the truth. I guess we will all have to come back for season 2 and see what happens. :smug

I kept wondering if they were going to kill off the character since Rebecca Romijn name was listed last in the credits.

Storyline then-Kirk becomes First Officer before he become Captain of the USS Farragut, shows the beginning of Kirk and Spock’s friendship ( the usual TV storyline, hate each at first, then become best buds).
Possibly...but then you have the "competing Captains" issue pop-up and Kirk isn't the diplomat that Pike is (not even close), so there would be arguments, disagreements, etc, etc. It would be the start of an ugly, unsettling bridge situation...

God I hope not. I still am annoyed with just having Kirk on the ship, if he is on the ship. SNW doesn't need Kirk; and it doesn't need Scotty. It's got a fantastic cast - assuming they don't screw it all up.

Agree. This is supposed to be a “prequel” . We do not need see young Kirk, which is explored in other series and non-canon works already.
The one episode he was in was perfect for it, but he can be a rare guest star on an other ship and not even close to center stage. This is Pike’s Enterprise.

Sugar - Apple tv+

Star Trek: Lower Decks