starband ku lnb for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zoe1

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
I have a starband KU lnb rec/xmit and have removed the xmit ou. Can I use this with a Winegard 1m to get T5 (FTA)? I am using a channelmaster signal meter to check signal strength. My location is NE US. Any links, suggestions would be great..Thanks

I think the only problem you'll run into is that the polarity on the receive LNB is horizontal and where the xmit LNB was is/was the vertical polarity.

Does this look like your setup?

I ended up with an extra LNB so I took off the notch filter and put another LNB there for the other polarity:

I haven't tried it out yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I planned on using a multi-switch to switch between the H and V polarities.

Here's mine

I'm going to try and include two images. Is it correct to set the H polarity for 26deg? I'm using a Winegard solid 1M that does not skew.

I'm going to try with H polarity for starters..

Thanks

Attachments

• starband1.jpg
    starband1.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 246
  • starband2.jpg
    starband2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 259
zoe1 said:
I'm going to try and include two images. Is it correct to set the H polarity for 26deg? I'm using a Winegard solid 1M that does not skew.

I'm going to try with H polarity for starters..

Thanks
The skew setting depends on what sat you want to hit.

Satfinder is a good start for dish pointing / skew information.

If you don't want ot install it, post your zip code and I'll post the results for you if someone doesn't beat me to it :).

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)