STARCHOICE DSR505 Reciever-No HMDI?

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Just ordered Starchoice! Cant wait! However, I noticed the specs on the DSR505.

It does not have HMDI? very strange? Is this an older model? I would think that being a high def unit it would have the latest and greatest outputs available.

Im still thrilled to be getting it but Im bummed to use components. DVi is there but my new hi def sets dont suport Dvi.

Anyone know why HMDI is not in any of the current HI def motorla machines?
Both Dish and Direc have them I assume ExpressVu has it ( dish machines)

Thanks,
Joel

I had been wondering this too...

Is there any way to combine the audio (coax digital) onto an hdmi connection?
My new tv has 3 hdmi inputs and only 1 component with no dvi. I guess what I am asking is if the hdmi specs for audio are the same as coaxial pcm digital.

Thanks for the replies

workaround

Some sets with HDMI input also have a corresponding set of analog L/R audio inputs to pair with the HDMI in the event the user is plugging a DVI into it.

It's worth checking.

regards,

chmod

Thanks for the reply chmod - but no luck.
I have a new 3752W Viewsonic tv and the 3 hdmi inputs are isolated - no audio.

Thanks

That is what I am using now - but would rather keep the component input for our dvd player. Not ready to buy HD/BluRay yet - still vividly remember vhs/betamax .

Take Care
Satboyz

where to get it

I know Monoprice has all sorts of DVI/HDMI adapters and/or cables...
You should take your time looking through their extensive site, because I got lost.
It took me quite a while to find the wall mounting brackets I wanted to hang my LCD TV.
(then I drove over and picked 'em up!) - :eek:
They were very friendly in person , so you might try calling them with your needs.

And since the shipping might be as much as their inexpensive cable, I recommend making up a shopping list and getting everything you can think of, in one order.
As a result of my one 50-mile visit, I have numerous optical, HDMI, and Component cables, ready for use. :cool:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts