Starchoice power recycle issue

birdview

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
MO
For the past 10 days to 2 weeks my DSR-530 has been locking up and recycling. When I turn the unit on, it locks up within a few minutes and goes through a power recycle. Then it will constantly recycle, over and over again. When I do eventually get it come back, after a few minutes it does it all over again. I received a message in my unit last week about possibly having to do a power recyle to get the NFL Sunday Ticket to work. Does anyone think a problem exists in the maps that may be leading to this? My unit has run flawlessly for the 2 years and 4 months that I have owned it, up until this issue has arisen.

I had the 530 lock up a few times but only once in the past 30 days. I hold the power button for about 20 seconds and it rebooted and worked fine. Did not reboot over and over.

I am not good at this tech stuff, but I would try pulling the power plug for 1 minute and then see if that fixes the system.

I had the 530 lock up a few times but only once in the past 30 days. I hold the power button for about 20 seconds and it rebooted and worked fine. Did not reboot over and over.

I am not good at this tech stuff, but I would try pulling the power plug for 1 minute and then see if that fixes the system.

I have done all of that. Nothing has helped. I was kinda wondering if others had similiar problems. I suppose if it doesn't correct itself, I will just cancel my subscription. I will not buy another receiver. They cost too much, and I currently am out of work.

You need a replacement... flash memory has most likely had it and that is where the OS resies.

Kryspy
If I go through my broker can I get it replaced for free. Or will I have to purchase a new receiver?

Starchoice will most likely offer a refurb. I have a refurb and it has been fine for 6 months now.

This is common with the 530 and shouldn't be a problem as long as your broker is willing to go through the hassle for you as they will most likely want to go through a whole bunch of diagnostics with you first.

Kryspy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts