Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Basic premise:

Plague on a planet, political unrest, terrorists, lead research scientist is blinded in an attack, which causes Geordi a lot of introspection and Data some more insights on the human condition.

I noticed in seasons 6 and 7, they used a couple of these themes in different settings than the one I wrote. Man, I wrote/submitted it in '92! Where'd the time go?!

Basic premise:

Plague on a planet, political unrest, terrorists, lead research scientist is blinded in an attack, which causes Geordi a lot of introspection and Data some more insights on the human condition.

I noticed in seasons 6 and 7, they used a couple of these themes in different settings than the one I wrote. Man, I wrote/submitted it in '92! Where'd the time go?!

Cool.

Tell me about it - I got married in '92; 15 years ago. Hard to believe I was just a beginning PhD student that year, finishing a masters...

Yep, there were references to the episode where Troi loses her empathic abilities and Geordi's childhood too. I thought it would've made a good episode, and evidently the writing staff liked portions of it, as elements of it showed up in later episodes...oh well...I guess I if I wanted to, I could flesh it out and try it as a novel, but am presently working on a TOS-era novel that has a really cool time-travel twist to it.

In '92, I'd been working at my state job for 7 years, had been graduated from college for 8 years and wasn't even thinking about a masters. Kinda wish I had...

Set my timers up for the Gates' tonight (what, on-topic subject matter!? :D)...I'm looking forward to them tonight, and the next 10 weeks. :)

I had panicked because the 622 is set up to record all SG-1 (not just new) and I had gotten rid of a couple from last week without really checking them. I'm glad to see that last night's were new and I can go back to recording just the new ones.

I need to re-watch the SG-1 because I missed how {spoiler} the {spoiler} and ended up {spoiler}{spoiler}{spoiler}! I'm sure it was very exciting!
:D

Stupid Dish box screwed up SG-1. I don't know why but within the last year my 301 will just start floating the Dish logo around the screen and when Tivo changes the channel it sometimes screws it up so it changes to a different channel than what it told the box to change to so it didn't record SG-1 but it did change to Sci-Fi after SG-1 and recorded Atlantis.:mad:
Does anyone know if or when they are going to show the repeat of SG-1, I don't have a computer at home so I can't download it and watch it.

Criminal Minds

The Acolyte - Disney+