Stargate Universe

First half interesting, second half was one huge *yawn*. They could've done so much with this episode and they flat-out wasted it! :(

Of course Shanks shows up next week...well, they get that hour from me, and it may very well be my last hour. I promised 4 hours of the second half of the season and next week is my 4th hour. It's going to have to be a pretty spectacular hour to get me to commit to a 5th hour...I'm not holding my breath...

If next week doesn't somehow blow my socks off, my timer for it goes away. Too many other things to watch rather than waste my time on a show going nowhere and not very quickly either...

But I'll keep an eye on this thread (assuming I don't give the show anymore time) to see if something interesting happens...

They bought themselves one more hour of my time, not because the episode was that good (it wasn't) but because of that age-old plot device: the cliffhanger... I did like Shanks line about "42" and the whole thing on the number 23. Got a chuckle out of that...

Well crap. Rainfade. No signal at all on that transponder. Twice. And they're not rerunning this episode again until next Friday, quite unusual for SyFy. 6 days 21 hours to go (sigh) for something that by most accounts isn't even worth looking forward to.

Well crap. Rainfade. No signal at all on that transponder. Twice. And they're not rerunning this episode again until next Friday, quite unusual for SyFy. 6 days 21 hours to go (sigh) for something that by most accounts isn't even worth looking forward to.

Watching it now, its ok, but not so good that if necessary, a wait of another 6 days won't hurt. :)

I thought she was a sergeant too...maybe a script typo? Although, really, who's looking to see her rank? ;) :D

Agreed. :)

But it did not make any sense; I was pretty sure the guy stuck in the hole was the only lieutenant (except for the doc). Of course, since I don't even remember his name, it tells you how well the tv show has "stuck" to me.

Sure was good seeing Dr. Jackson though.

Agreed. :)

But it did not make any sense; I was pretty sure the guy stuck in the hole was the only lieutenant (except for the doc). Of course, since I don't even remember his name, it tells you how well the tv show has "stuck" to me.

Sure was good seeing Dr. Jackson though.

I have the same problem...can't remember most of the character's names either...and when you're what, 15 episodes into the season, that's a really telling indicator that 1) the show isn't grabbing viewers too well and 2) that you have too large of a cast.

It was nice seeing Dr. Jackson again, even if his part was quite small...

I have the same problem...can't remember most of the character's names either...and when you're what, 15 episodes into the season, that's a really telling indicator that 1) the show isn't grabbing viewers too well and 2) that you have too large of a cast.

It was nice seeing Dr. Jackson again, even if his part was quite small...

Yeah, other than Chloe, Eli, Rush, and Colonel Young, I know zero names, and I too have suffered through 15 hours of this.

The way Daniel was showing up, I kept going backt o him visiting Jack when he was ascended. It was a bit weird.

Yeah, other than Chloe, Eli, Rush, and Colonel Young, I know zero names, and I too have suffered through 15 hours of this.

The way Daniel was showing up, I kept going backt o him visiting Jack when he was ascended. It was a bit weird.

You're doing better than I am! Half the time I can't remember the Colonel's name either. Chloe, Eli, Rush and T.J. are the names that stick with me. Other than that, I recognize faces, but couldn't put a name to most of them if I had to. That's a bad indicator for this show.

Same here! :) I kept thinking, gee, this is pretty much the way Daniel was showing up to Jack and Teal'c when he was ascended. In my opinion, while it was nice to see the character again, it was sparse and pretty much a waste of a special guesting appearance...

You're doing better than I am! Half the time I can't remember the Colonel's name either. Chloe, Eli, Rush and T.J. are the names that stick with me. Other than that, I recognize faces, but couldn't put a name to most of them if I had to. That's a bad indicator for this show.

Same here! :) I kept thinking, gee, this is pretty much the way Daniel was showing up to Jack and Teal'c when he was ascended. In my opinion, while it was nice to see the character again, it was sparse and pretty much a waste of a special guesting appearance...

Well, I had to think about what the colonel's name was. And could easily confuse him with the name of the colonel played by Lou Diamond Philips, although he seems to be gone now.

Is T.J. the doctor?

I assumed Daniel's visit would be via the stones, which would have been more interesting. And yes, a waste.

Well, I had to think about what the colonel's name was. And could easily confuse him with the name of the colonel played by Lou Diamond Philips, although he seems to be gone now.

Is T.J. the doctor?

I assumed Daniel's visit would be via the stones, which would have been more interesting. And yes, a waste.

I think Lou Diamond Philips saw how his character-time was going to be on this show (oh, gee, I get to show up every so often in someone else's body) and decided he wasn't interested...

Yep, T.J. is the doctor (paramedic?)

I figured the same about Daniel's visit, but sadly, it wasn't even that much...it was as a semi-lucid dream...

Prodigal Son

Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)